What readers think of Daddy's Little Girl, plus links to write your own review.

Daddy's Little Girl

by Mary Higgins Clark

Daddy's Little Girl by Mary Higgins Clark X
Daddy's Little Girl by Mary Higgins Clark

Apr 2002, 291 pages

Apr 2003, 384 pages

There are currently 65 reader reviews for Daddy's Little Girl

laura jo

i have to say i really enjoyed this story, i dont read much but this one has enspired me to read more.
t.r.esposito

My first Mary Higgins Clark
I thought the book was average. I am use to Thrillers so outside of my normal genre I thought it was fine. It held my interest. I felt I had a good description of the characters, plot and setting. It was an easy read and entertaining. - TRE

I read a number of books by Mary Higgins Clark. However, I don't like this particular one and I don't understand why everyone is giving it 5/5. I think is okay but I thought that the ending was a little rushed, there was little character development, and I did not like that the identity of the killer was obvious.
Casey

ok I read this book for a school project. Previously I've read many other books by Clark, and I don't understand why everyone was giving it such great reviews, it wasn't that great! I think I've read much better book than this book, my first and favorite book I read of hers was, A Cry In The Night. The book was alright, I'll give her that, but it didn't really even have a twist, throughout the whole novel all she was trying to do was prove the same guy be the murderer. She makes Ellie seem like such a great person, but all she did was avoid a few accidents, and eventually one accident proved that <<edited for potential plot spoiler content>> actually commited the murder. I just think there should have been a much bigger twist, like, the neighbor's father or someone killed her because she saw them kill someone else or something like that. It was so pointless to write this novel, because we all knew who killed her and that everything was going to be happily ever after. okay I'm done, sorry Mary, but i still love you!
Jen

I thought the book was ok. She has written better suspensful books. This one was a big dry. "Where Are the Children?" , I thought, was one of her more, suspenseful books. This book kind of lost my interest after around chapter 10.
Swinger

I think this is not the best of MHC. I didn't understand the real motive behind the murders, and if it was jealousy it is badly justified. The ending couldn't be more predictable. Though the book is plot-driven, it lacks a bit of realism that MHC brilliantly portrays in On The Street Where You Live. It is a page turner though you get a bit disappointed in the end
Bridget Jones

I've read 14 of Clarks' novels and I'd have to say that this is the one I like the least, thus far. I found it to be slow and predictable.
R. Gaines

This was the 1st book that I've read by Mrs. Clark and I must say that "I hated it." The story was drawn out and predictive. Ellie was irritating and whinny, determined to make people listen and believe her. This story had no exciting twist or turns, I think after 23 years, the twist should've been that the father had killed her or something. I do not look forward to reading any old or future novels by her. This was good bathroom reading, now that I'm finished, I wish I could flush it.

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: Big Red
    Big Red
    by Jerome Charyn
    Jerome Charyn made his name as an author of detective novels, and over the years he has taken his ...
  • Book Jacket: If I Survive You
    If I Survive You
    by Jonathan Escoffery
  • Book Jacket: Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    by Sidik Fofana
    'Everybody got a story, everybody got a tale&#8201;/&#8201;Question is: Is it despair or prevail?' ...
  • Book Jacket: Fire Season
    Fire Season
    by Leyna Krow
    Fire Season is a thoroughly enjoyable novel that touches upon multiple genres and themes. It ...

All the Lonely People
by Mike Gayle
A cozy novel for fans of A Man Called Ove. A widowed retiree will rediscover the world he’s turned his back on.

Members Recommend