Announcing our Top 20 Books of 2022 and Award Winners

What readers think of Daddy's Little Girl, plus links to write your own review.

Daddy's Little Girl

by Mary Higgins Clark

Daddy's Little Girl by Mary Higgins Clark X
Daddy's Little Girl by Mary Higgins Clark

Apr 2002, 291 pages

Apr 2003, 384 pages

There are currently 65 reader reviews for Daddy's Little Girl

laura jo

i have to say i really enjoyed this story, i dont read much but this one has enspired me to read more.
t.r.esposito

My first Mary Higgins Clark
I thought the book was average. I am use to Thrillers so outside of my normal genre I thought it was fine. It held my interest. I felt I had a good description of the characters, plot and setting. It was an easy read and entertaining. - TRE

I read a number of books by Mary Higgins Clark. However, I don't like this particular one and I don't understand why everyone is giving it 5/5. I think is okay but I thought that the ending was a little rushed, there was little character development, and I did not like that the identity of the killer was obvious.
Casey

ok I read this book for a school project. Previously I've read many other books by Clark, and I don't understand why everyone was giving it such great reviews, it wasn't that great! I think I've read much better book than this book, my first and favorite book I read of hers was, A Cry In The Night. The book was alright, I'll give her that, but it didn't really even have a twist, throughout the whole novel all she was trying to do was prove the same guy be the murderer. She makes Ellie seem like such a great person, but all she did was avoid a few accidents, and eventually one accident proved that <<edited for potential plot spoiler content>> actually commited the murder. I just think there should have been a much bigger twist, like, the neighbor's father or someone killed her because she saw them kill someone else or something like that. It was so pointless to write this novel, because we all knew who killed her and that everything was going to be happily ever after. okay I'm done, sorry Mary, but i still love you!
Jen

I thought the book was ok. She has written better suspensful books. This one was a big dry. "Where Are the Children?" , I thought, was one of her more, suspenseful books. This book kind of lost my interest after around chapter 10.
Swinger

I think this is not the best of MHC. I didn't understand the real motive behind the murders, and if it was jealousy it is badly justified. The ending couldn't be more predictable. Though the book is plot-driven, it lacks a bit of realism that MHC brilliantly portrays in On The Street Where You Live. It is a page turner though you get a bit disappointed in the end
Bridget Jones

I've read 14 of Clarks' novels and I'd have to say that this is the one I like the least, thus far. I found it to be slow and predictable.
R. Gaines

This was the 1st book that I've read by Mrs. Clark and I must say that "I hated it." The story was drawn out and predictive. Ellie was irritating and whinny, determined to make people listen and believe her. This story had no exciting twist or turns, I think after 23 years, the twist should've been that the father had killed her or something. I do not look forward to reading any old or future novels by her. This was good bathroom reading, now that I'm finished, I wish I could flush it.

Join and Save 20%!

Become a member and
discover exceptional books.

• Book Jacket: Horse
    Horse
    by Geraldine Brooks
    Voted 2022 Best Fiction Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers. Geraldine Brooks creates a ...
  • Book Jacket: In Love
    In Love
    by Amy Bloom
    Voted 2022 Best Nonfiction Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers. In 2019, author Amy Bloom and her...
  • Book Jacket: Remarkably Bright Creatures
    Remarkably Bright Creatures
    by Shelby Van Pelt
    Voted 2022 Best Debut Award Winner by BookBrowse Subscribers. Shelby Van Pelt's debut novel, ...

Members Recommend

Scatterlings
    by Resoketswe Martha Manenzhe

The debut novel of a gifted storyteller who has become a sensation in her native South Africa.

The Big Holiday Wordplay

Honor
by Thrity Umrigar

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who divide the world into two kinds of people, and those who don'...