Reader reviews and comments on The Gospel According To Larry, plus links to write your own review.

The Gospel According To Larry

May 2003, 256 pages

There are currently 56 reader reviews for The Gospel According To Larry

matt

Is it real?
I really liked the book, and read it a second time for school, but I really wonder if the whole thing about it being real is a hoax. If so, it was a well done one, i went on thegospelaccordingtolarry.com the other day for school research and found a blog of a guy "back in walden pond" So it makes me think the book could be real. NOTE that the site made no reference to the book whatsoever.

(Editor's Note: The Gospel According to Larry is fiction. The website is owned by the author Janet Tashjian. Don't you think that if it WAS true, and Larry had been as famous as that in real life, you'd be able to find at least a few articles about him in the mainstream press?)
cody

the gospel according to larry
What I want to know is were these events true, I've been to the web site but I think it would be hard to pull this whole thing to be fake so I think it is based on a real story.
Flor

is it a true story or not?
I think this book is awesome, but I don't understand if it is true or not, the author says that Josh himself gave her the story to write but maybe she just made that up. I loved the book though, I found it very interesting. I am 14 years old going to high school and I think people my age should read it, not only my age of course, I think everybody should read it, the book is AWESOME.
=]
Joanna

Just read this...
I just read this book and I must say that I was gripped. It was extremely well written in quite a quirky style and I enjoyed every moment of it - but I did find the ending very anti-climatic.

I, too, am confused as to whether it was non-fiction or fiction. I know the author explained why she apparently published it as fiction, and it is quite a credible story, however, I wonder whether this is just a hook to get people to read it?

I noticed at the front of the book that it said "All characters are purely fictional and any similarities to any people, living or dead are purely coincidential."

This leads me to believe that perhaps it is fiction, although this is written in all fiction books and perhaps they didn't remove it?
Jes

Still thinking
This was a very fine book. It was referred to me by a librarian who was helping me find summer reading. After I read it, I went right back to the bookstore for the sequel. I'm still slightly confused though, is it a true story? I found it under Non-Fiction but it seems to extreme to be real.

It wasn't the most amazing book I've ever read, but it got me to think. Any book that can get my mind to wander is something worthwhile.

I'm 17 years old, and reccomend it as a starter book for middle schoolers or young highschoolers. It's that pre-read before any serious literature.
leslie

Wonderful book!!
My friend first told me about this book and said i must read it so I did and i ended up loving it. I believe Josh/Larry has a great point about how we left our lives revolve around all the "stuff" in the world. I recommened this book to everyone and anyone.
steffan

its very good
i thought it was a very good book. It was very well written, and it is interesting to read. Ii did not like how it ended becaause it seemed like Josh was just taking the easy way out. It made me wonder wether or not it was fiction or nonfiction. Iit is written like nonfiction but the events in the book lead me to belive it is fiction.
Bismah

Great!
This book really inspired me to cut down on my shopping. The plot was very well though out, and the characters were fit for the story. I would recommend this book to anyone. I have no doubt in my mind that this story might be actually true.

• Book Jacket: The Overstory
    by Patricia Hampl

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

The Girl Who Smiled Beads
    by Clemantine Wamariya & Elizabeth Weil

A riveting story of survival, and the power of stories to save us.

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes