Reader reviews and comments on In My Hands, plus links to write your own review.

In My Hands

Memories of a Holocaust Rescuer

by Irene Gut Opdyke

In My Hands by Irene Gut Opdyke

Aug 1999, 276 pages
    Apr 2001, 304 pages

There are currently 43 reader reviews for In My Hands

Rachel (03/17/03)

This is a great and moving book, yoiu should definately read it if you are interested in learning about the holocaust!Its really good...believe me!
Shelby Oberhansly (03/12/03)

In My Hands is such a good sotry of a persons memoirs I think it's excellent and I'm only in th grade. Please give me youre address, or call me or give me your phone number, or you mail me because I don't care how much money I have to pay I would so much love to talk to you.
Marsha (03/05/03)

The best book I have ever read. It draws you in like nothing else and was also an easy read. The content is not for people who dont like the Holocaust because thats what it is about. READ THIS BOOK!!
Leenie T. (02/24/03)

I was moved by all that Irene experienced and the tough and life threataning decisions that she made. Her story was very compelling and wellw ritten
Matt (01/30/03)

Yeah, it was a great book. The mood is so capricious, and you never know what will happen next. As I said before it is a great book so go and buy it.
Christie (01/30/03)

It was an overall good book. I enjoyed it but some of the ways she wrote the book were not fullfilling enough. She didn't describe the people enough for my tates. But Everything else I loved! A great book which with which Irene (I and my class will meet her tommorow :) ) isn't afraid to tell everything that happened even if it is hurtful or even a big disgusting.
Jocylin P. (01/21/03)

In My Hands was an incredibly moving story. I must say it is one of the best Holocaust Autobiographys I have read yet. It shows not only the bad choices which were made during the war, but also the good ones too. It shows not only the sorrows, but also the joys that occurred during this terrible time. It is just an awesome story!
Anonymous (12/15/02)

BEST BOOK EVER!!!

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Castle of Water
    by Mark Kurlansky
  • Book Jacket: Temporary People
    Temporary People
    by Deepak Unnikrishnan
    In this powerful and innovative collection of 28 short stories, Deepak Unnikrishnan presents a ...

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

Y S M B, I'll S Y