MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on In My Hands, plus links to write your own review.

In My Hands

Memories of a Holocaust Rescuer

by Irene Gut Opdyke

In My Hands

Aug 1999, 276 pages
    Apr 2001, 304 pages

There are currently 43 reader reviews for In My Hands

Rachel (03/17/03)

This is a great and moving book, yoiu should definately read it if you are interested in learning about the holocaust!Its really good...believe me!
Shelby Oberhansly (03/12/03)

In My Hands is such a good sotry of a persons memoirs I think it's excellent and I'm only in th grade. Please give me youre address, or call me or give me your phone number, or you mail me because I don't care how much money I have to pay I would so much love to talk to you.
Marsha (03/05/03)

The best book I have ever read. It draws you in like nothing else and was also an easy read. The content is not for people who dont like the Holocaust because thats what it is about. READ THIS BOOK!!
Leenie T. (02/24/03)

I was moved by all that Irene experienced and the tough and life threataning decisions that she made. Her story was very compelling and wellw ritten
Matt (01/30/03)

Yeah, it was a great book. The mood is so capricious, and you never know what will happen next. As I said before it is a great book so go and buy it.
Christie (01/30/03)

It was an overall good book. I enjoyed it but some of the ways she wrote the book were not fullfilling enough. She didn't describe the people enough for my tates. But Everything else I loved! A great book which with which Irene (I and my class will meet her tommorow :) ) isn't afraid to tell everything that happened even if it is hurtful or even a big disgusting.
Jocylin P. (01/21/03)

In My Hands was an incredibly moving story. I must say it is one of the best Holocaust Autobiographys I have read yet. It shows not only the bad choices which were made during the war, but also the good ones too. It shows not only the sorrows, but also the joys that occurred during this terrible time. It is just an awesome story!
Anonymous (12/15/02)

BEST BOOK EVER!!!

• Book Jacket: Girl in the Blue Coat
    Girl in the Blue Coat
    by Monica Hesse
    Set in Amsterdam in January 1943, Monica Hesse's young adult novel, Girl in the Blue Coat, ...
  • Book Jacket: Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    by Chris Cleave
    I've always been interested in the history of the Blitz, the period of intense aerial raids of ...
  • Book Jacket: Saving Montgomery Sole
    Saving Montgomery Sole
    by Mariko Tamaki
    Understanding identity is one the most important parts of adolescence. For some teenagers, those who...
Win The 100 Year Miracle

50 Copies to Give Away!

The 100 Year Miracle is a rich, enthralling novel, full of great characters.

Spinster
by Kate Bolick

A bold, original, moving book that will inspire fanatical devotion and ignite debate.

The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper
    by Phaedra Patrick

In a poignant and sparkling debut, a lovable widower embarks on a life-changing adventure.

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

I I A Sign O T T