MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on In My Hands, plus links to write your own review.

In My Hands

Memories of a Holocaust Rescuer

by Irene Gut Opdyke

In My Hands

Aug 1999, 276 pages
    Apr 2001, 304 pages

There are currently 43 reader reviews for In My Hands

no name (11/26/03)

this book was so interesting and true. I loved it it makes you think about those times.
Gabriel Shalom (10/07/03)

i hate reading but reading this book was the amazing. this book was the best book i ever read in my life. i am only 14 years old and i loved this book. i recomend this book to anyone who can read english.
Amanda Barnes (08/08/03)

I really liked this book. I first learnt about the holocaust a few years ago, however reading about from a real life story makes it more of an impact. i think irene deserves all the praise and awards she receives, she has been through alot in a life and is an inspiration to all.
Tiffany (05/20/03)

I chose this book to read for my Honors English class and I ended up really liking and enjoying the book. The story is just absolutely captivating and amazing.
Amy Foster (05/19/03)

I am not here to review the book. I knew Irene because she came to my 7th grade classroom and spoke about the holocaust. I then re-met Irene because years later I recognized her at the grocery store that I work at. I have been there 13 years and she has been shopping there for a long time. This whole tine we have lived in the same city,"Yorba Linda". I have grown to love her. She is such a sweet lady. Then this friday, May 16th Irene past away. Her neighbor had told me today. Before she past she had said,"I am going home". She is such a mentor and such a brave woman. I feel so honored to have known her. I just wanted to let everyone know because she deserves it..
Amy (the grocery store checker who will miss Irene)
Roya (05/14/03)

this book, In My Hands is my favorite book in the world. i love to read about the holoaust and usually i like to read about the camps but i have read this 3 times and every time i read it i love it even more and more!
Elyse (05/12/03)

This book is an amazing story of how the lives of so many innocent people can be destroyed so easily. I am extremely proud of what a determined woman Ms. Opdyke is. Thank you for sharing your amazing story with us all.
Rochelle (04/28/03)

This book was the best! I wuld recomend it anyday.

• Book Jacket: Saving Montgomery Sole
    Saving Montgomery Sole
    by Mariko Tamaki
    Understanding identity is one the most important parts of adolescence. For some teenagers, those who...
  • Book Jacket: All Tomorrow's Parties
    All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
  • Book Jacket: The Never-Open Desert Diner
    The Never-Open Desert Diner
    by James Anderson
    James Anderson's debut novel, The Never-Open Desert Diner, starts off as an entertaining ...
Win The 100 Year Miracle

50 Copies to Give Away!

The 100 Year Miracle is a rich, enthralling novel, full of great characters.

Spinster
by Kate Bolick

A bold, original, moving book that will inspire fanatical devotion and ignite debate.

The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper
    by Phaedra Patrick

In a poignant and sparkling debut, a lovable widower embarks on a life-changing adventure.

The Dark Lady's Mask
    by Mary Sharratt

Based on the life of the first professional woman poet in Renaissance England, and her collaboration with Shakespeare.

I I A Sign O T T