Reader reviews and comments on In My Hands, plus links to write your own review.

In My Hands

Aug 1999, 276 pages
    Apr 2001, 304 pages

There are currently 43 reader reviews for In My Hands

no name (11/26/03)

this book was so interesting and true. I loved it it makes you think about those times.
Gabriel Shalom (10/07/03)

i hate reading but reading this book was the amazing. this book was the best book i ever read in my life. i am only 14 years old and i loved this book. i recomend this book to anyone who can read english.
Amanda Barnes (08/08/03)

I really liked this book. I first learnt about the holocaust a few years ago, however reading about from a real life story makes it more of an impact. i think irene deserves all the praise and awards she receives, she has been through alot in a life and is an inspiration to all.
Tiffany (05/20/03)

I chose this book to read for my Honors English class and I ended up really liking and enjoying the book. The story is just absolutely captivating and amazing.
Amy Foster (05/19/03)

I am not here to review the book. I knew Irene because she came to my 7th grade classroom and spoke about the holocaust. I then re-met Irene because years later I recognized her at the grocery store that I work at. I have been there 13 years and she has been shopping there for a long time. This whole tine we have lived in the same city,"Yorba Linda". I have grown to love her. She is such a sweet lady. Then this friday, May 16th Irene past away. Her neighbor had told me today. Before she past she had said,"I am going home". She is such a mentor and such a brave woman. I feel so honored to have known her. I just wanted to let everyone know because she deserves it..
Amy (the grocery store checker who will miss Irene)
Roya (05/14/03)

this book, In My Hands is my favorite book in the world. i love to read about the holoaust and usually i like to read about the camps but i have read this 3 times and every time i read it i love it even more and more!
Elyse (05/12/03)

This book is an amazing story of how the lives of so many innocent people can be destroyed so easily. I am extremely proud of what a determined woman Ms. Opdyke is. Thank you for sharing your amazing story with us all.
Rochelle (04/28/03)

This book was the best! I wuld recomend it anyday.

• Book Jacket: Circe
    by Anjali Sachdeva
  • Book Jacket: Look Alive Out There
    Look Alive Out There
    by Sloane Crosley
    After a brief (and thoroughly enjoyable) foray into fiction (with her 2015 novel The Clasp), Sloane ...
  • Book Jacket: Winter Sisters
    Winter Sisters
    by Robin Oliveira
    Winter Sisters begins with an epic blizzard (see Beyond the Book) hitting the entire Northeast of ...

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes