What readers think of Walk Two Moons, plus links to write your own review.

by Sharon Creech

Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech X
Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech

May 1994, 280 pages

Jul 1996, 280 pages

There are currently 140 reader reviews for Walk Two Moons

Julia

THis is an awesome book to read!
This is a must read book. You laugh and cry at the same time. There is also suspense in this book. Everyone shold totally read this book. My favorite part of this book is when Phoebe Winterbottom learns to like her older brother.
Megan

An All-Time Favorite
I think I first read this book over the summer before 7th grade because it was on the summer reading list, now it is one of my absolute favorite books (accompanied by Harry Potter and The Da Vinci Code--also very good books). The story is so touching and really makes you think about the things you take for granted in life. The whole story makes the reader laugh and cry at the same time. It's an amazing book and everyone should read it. (I thik they should make a movie out of it too!--as long as its a good movie and doesn't ruin the book).
Tessa

Walk Two Moons
Salamanca Hiddle, a young teen, is on the way to Lewiston, Idaho to see her mother, who had left Salamanca and her father a year before. As they're driving, Salamanca tells the story of Pheobe Winterbottom and their experience together. As she tells Pheobe's story, Salamanca starts discovering her own story.
Throughout the novel, Salamanca learns a lot about herself and life in general. She learns not to take the faulting for her mothers disappearance, and she also learns not to judge people before you know them. From the book, I learned that you should not always blame yourself for what happens in life, and to not judge people because you do not always know the situation that they're in.
"Walk Two Moons" is full of emotion and mystery. I recommend this book to young teenagers. I think that you can learn a lot from this book and overall, "Walk Two Moons" is a very enjoyable book.
Alice, Age 9

Awesome Book
Walk Two Moons was such a GREAT book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first few chapters were okay. But once I got to chapter 3, I couldn't stop reading! In my spare time at school, I got out Walk Two Moons and read as much as I could. My other friends had already read it and told me about some of the details. I told them to please stop so I could have some fun with the EXCELLENT book.

Walk Two Moons is an all time favorite one. If you haven't read it, READ IT!!!!! Go to your nearest library and demand that you have Walk Two Moons. Trust me, you will like it right from the start when you leave the library with your nose in the newbery award winning book that the amazing author, Sharon Creech wrote!
taekwondo1613

awesomeo
this book was terrific and great it was touching and it made me and my mother cry i think it is a sad story about mothers and daughters.but it also means never give up even if you find out that it is bad.this book is my favorite and i thought it was wonderful novel and even though in the beginning it did seem that good and i didnt want to read i did anyway and i am glad because it was great
Rayna D.

Walk Two Moons.
I love this book because it has a lot of good messages such as being grateful for what you have in the sayings she uses in the book. I think some of the charactors she has a realistic because anyone could be a worrier like Pheobe or outgowing like Sam. So are the problems like moving when you already have a perfect home right where you are. Anyway this is a really good book and anyone should read it.
Lilly Ann

Walk Two Moons
This is the greatest book ever. It made me laugh and cry. Everyone, I think, should read this awesome book.
Caitlyn Burog age 12

Walk Two Moons
I think this book is great. It gives me a chance to learn about how a girl like Salamanca, lives her life without her mother, and how she deals with it. I can't really relate to her, but it's fun to read about her journey while traveling with her grams and gramps. It's a great book that I think everyone can enjoy.

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

The War Librarian
    by Addison Armstrong
    Emmaline Balakin believes in the power of the written word — books have changed her life. When...
  • Book Jacket: The Book of Goose
    The Book of Goose
    by Yiyun Li
    Yiyun Li's The Book of Goose is a story of childhood friendship between narrator Agnès, a one-...
  • Book Jacket: Big Red
    Big Red
    by Jerome Charyn
    Jerome Charyn made his name as an author of detective novels, and over the years he has taken his ...
  • Book Jacket: If I Survive You
    If I Survive You
    by Jonathan Escoffery

The Bell in the Lake
by Lars Mytting

Members Recommend

Our Missing Hearts
    by Celeste Ng

From the author of Little Fires Everywhere, the inspiring new novel about a mother’s unbreakable love in a world consumed by fear.

Book Club Giveaway!