Reader reviews and comments on Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone, plus links to write your own review.

Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

1st Published in UK as Harry Potter & The Philosopher's Stone

by J.K. (Joanne) Rowling

Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. (Joanne) Rowling

Sep 1998, 309 pages
    Sep 1999, 312 pages

There are currently 283 reader reviews for Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

andrew b (10/16/03)

nice i think its the best
amy (10/15/03)

i think that this book is great for all children and adults. i love it.
Paul (10/03/03)

Excellent!!! Excellent!!!
Jono (09/07/03)

This book is great! I have read it about 17 times, for real it can't be missed.
... (08/27/03)

I don't think the book is very good because, well, the characters are boring. Everyone that is good has pratically the same qualities: kindness, friendship, etc. and the bad people are always the same. They are the same people, just with different names. Nothing really changes at all in the characters, aka character development, ahem. There is really no different plot, either: all the books have the same thing, the Voldemort and the stuff. The books are going to go on until someone finally has the guts to kill Voldemort. I mean, he meets up with him five times, and doesn't do anything? Help us...

Anyway, everyone is fantasising over nothing. I don't get why this book is so great. Rowling pratically copied someone's idea...that's not great, people. In my school some 2nd grader read all the HP books and got all these points for reading (AR, you read a book, depending on how many questions you get right, you get points), but is reading HP going to do you any good? Yeah, entertainment...but if you were reading HP and then decided "OH! I want to write something like this..." there's really no more imagination left.

SIGNING OFF!
nihiljose (07/19/03)

it is the best i have read in a long time.
Aliza (07/01/03)

It's a fantastic book. I just totally love it. I rate it 5 out of 5.
shaylce (06/20/03)

thtis book is great but not good for younger kids.i know my friend sister was like toattly freaked out.

Smoke
    by Dan Vyleta
  • Book Jacket: Golden Hill
    Golden Hill
    by Francis Spufford
  • Book Jacket: Midnight at the Electric
    Midnight at the Electric
    by Jodi Lynn Anderson
    The world changes, but humanity stays the same. Whether a book takes place in the year 1510 or 2010,...

Win The Library of Light and Shadow

The Library of Light and Shadow by M.J. Rose

The Almost Sisters

A powerful, emotionally resonant novel of the South.

T H Are B T O