Summer Sale! Save 20% today and get access to all our member benefits.

What readers think of Where The Heart Is, plus links to write your own review.

Where The Heart Is

by Billy Letts

Where The Heart Is by Billy Letts X
Where The Heart Is by Billy Letts

Jun 1995, 357 pages

May 1998, 376 pages

There are currently 64 reader reviews for Where The Heart Is

Sinthu

Wow..... Itz a geart book. I couldn't stop reading the book when I started. Itz amazing. I luv it and I hope poeple will learn something through the book. Thankz to Billie Letts
Mimi

The book is fantastic its a great book you should read it you will like it too. It has some very strong theme. Trust me the movie is nothing the same of the book. Read the book! :)
Sherrell

I loved this book so much . I was talking to my grandmother about the movie and she said you should read the book. I was so excited to read it because the movie was great. I read the book five times that summer. I recommend it to anyone that likes good books with happy endings. HEHE.
Kelli Mills-age 12

This book was probably the best book I have read...EVER. I was on an extended spring break in Florida when I started to read this. Once I started, I couldn't stop reading. I took the book with me everywhere, in the car, to the beach, and anywhere else we might go just in case I had some spare time. I wanted to see what would happen next so I just read and read and in 3 days I was done...then I felt empty. I read the book, the whole book in 3 days and I wanted more, so I reread the book once or twice but it just wasn't the same. That book was so...so...amazing. I could feel the emotions these characters went through I could feel every part of it. Once home I bought the movie and watched it and was almost disappointed. Some of my favorite parts were cut out and some of the actors did not seem like the characters in the book I had just read. Forney Hull was a big disappointment in the movie, he seemed nothing like I had pictured him and didn't even act the same. Well a book isn't a movie and a movie isn't a book. I'm waiting for Billie Letts's next novel because I have read both of her previous ones ("Where the Heart Is" and "The Honk and Holler Opening Soon") and "Where the Heart Is" the movie. I'm hooked on Billie Letts and her original stories that truely touch the heart, making tears fall from our eyes while shooting smiles across our face continued by laughter. "Where the Heart Is" is a truely touching story that will be remembered and read by many...
Trisha Y.

im only 14 but I loved the book. I mean it was really great with lots of action. I was reading it like i was there and i also read it with attidude and sorrow, if you know what i mean. but what i dont understand is that the book has sevens then the movie has fives that to me isnt the best idea. to have other things a little different is ok though. but other than that i actually rate it a 10/5!!!!!!!
Megan

This book is so good! I loved it so much! It's got a great story and just didn't want it to end. But even though I haven't seen the movie, I hear that the book is so much better! If you want to read a good southern story, read this book! Billie Letts writes best for this book! Trust me on this one!
S.L.B

When I first got this book from the libary,I thought 'This looks like a good book',read everybody's reviews on 'Bookbroswe' and thought,well,it must be a good book but maybe not all that good',boy,did I get a surprize! It probaly won't get book of the year,but darned near close to it for me! It was funny,true to life,heartbreaking and everything you wan't in a good book! I couldn't wait to finish it and now I ask for a part 2 please! What was amazing was the realistic scenes of this book,Mrs. Letts writes her books,in a way I've never read from anybody else and I applaud her,I recommemed this book to anybody and everybody!
Anna

This was an awesome book! I'm 15, I read it for an english project. It was very good and had some very strong themes and some good morales. Read it!

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: Mood Swings
    Mood Swings
    by Frankie Barnet
    This book begins with a bombastic premise. Seemingly fed up with the heating planet, the world's ...
  • Book Jacket: The Ballad of Jacquotte Delahaye
    The Ballad of Jacquotte Delahaye
    by Briony Cameron
    Our titular heroine's story begins in Yáquimo, Santo Domingo. Jacquotte Delahaye is a young ...
  • Book Jacket: Another Word for Love
    Another Word for Love
    by Carvell Wallace
    "I write about beautiful things because I live in a country that has tried to kill me and every...
    The Flower Sisters
    by Michelle Collins Anderson
    Michelle Collins Anderson's novel The Flower Sisters, based in part on a real tragedy that occurred ...

BookBrowse Book Club

The 1619 Project
by Nikole Hannah-Jones
An impactful expansion of groundbreaking journalism, The 1619 Project offers a revealing vision of America's past and present.

Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.

L T C O of the B