What readers think of Where The Heart Is, plus links to write your own review.

Where The Heart Is

May 1998, 376 pages

There are currently 64 reader reviews for Where The Heart Is

Alexa

Amazing
The book captivates you and really makes you want to know. My mom had me when she was 18 so teen pregnancy is a soft spot, seeing this girl make it on her own really opens your eyes, Its an inspiration for the people who are pregnant as teens. To know that they can make it.
Jenn

Where the Heart Is
The book was really interesting in the fact the author Bille Letts did such a wonderful job throught out the whole book. The first couple chapters are boring and hard to get into but after that the book is really interesting. It is one of the books that is hard to put down and before you know it's 2a.m. Honestly this is one of the best books I have ever read, and I have not read that many books on my own free time that has not been assignment given by one of my professors. If you have not gotten a chance to read Where the Heart Is you should pick up a copy!!!!
Becca

I Loved this book, it's gives you true meaning of family and frienship. The author does a good job at communicating love, hope, and conpassion. This is a book about overwhelming hardships, healing broken hearts and overcoming struggles. The true meaning of "home and "family" are revelled to us through this novel. The theme of "home" continues throughout the novel. Home is a state of mind, or as Sister Husband always says "a place where your history begins." Novalee has neither of these and becomes part of, and is loved by everyone in her new "family". The book shows that when disregarding the traditional ideal of a family (mother/father/children) love, happiness and caring is still possible.
Sarah

THis book/ movie was an exellent story if you like sad and touching tales this is it!
LFW

Great book with lots of emotion. I recommend it to everyone, especailly teens and girls. You will never want to put it down :)
Maryam

This was a great read.
SMN

I loved this book from the time I picked it up, to the time I read its last page.
Felicia

I read this book for a book talk for my 10th grade english class. It was awesome and is now my favorite book. I recommend this book to anyone and everyone!

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: Henry Henry
    Henry Henry
    by Allen Bratton
    Allen Bratton's Henry Henry chronicles a year in the life of Hal Lancaster. Readers already ...
  • Book Jacket: The Last Murder at the End of the World
    The Last Murder at the End of the World
    by Stuart Turton
    The island is the only safe place left on Earth. Since a deadly fog overtook the planet, the ...
    A Kind of Madness
    by Uche Okonkwo
    The word "madness," like many others that can be used to stigmatize mental illness — e.g., "...
  • Book Jacket: Long After We Are Gone
    Long After We Are Gone
    by Terah Shelton Harris
    Terah Shelton Harris's marvelous family drama Long After We Are Gone begins with the death of the ...

BookBrowse Book Club

The Pecan Children
by Quinn Connor
Look on the Bright Side
by Kristan Higgins
From the author of Pack Up the Moon comes a funny, romantic, and moving novel about life's unexpected rewards.
Win This Book
Win Bright and Tender Dark

Bright and Tender Dark by Joanna Pearson

A beautifully written, wire-taut debut novel about a murder on a college campus and its aftermath twenty years later.

A W in S C