Reader reviews and comments on The Street Lawyer, plus links to write your own review.

The Street Lawyer

Jan 1999, 464 pages

There are currently 40 reader reviews for The Street Lawyer

Caroline

From Highs to Lows,
I was required to read this book, for my senior AP English class, and of the other books that I had read so far were very boring and mostly non-fiction. When my teacher announced we were reading a Grisham novel, I was excited. I've read a few different Grisham novels, and I wasn't let down in this one. The Street Lawyer is an excellent fiction book, one of the best I've read. From the high-class to the slums, Michael Brock's actions never cease to amaze me.
Whittney Williams

Fast Track to the Streets
John Grisham does an elaborate job at provoking responses from one's sense of humanity, and drawing on the compassion within a given society. He shows us how easy it can be to do the right thing and help the less fortunate.

I loved this book, for the sheer reason that it displays a plot line that ordinary people can relate to. Throughout its entirity you are constantly wondering, "What if this happened to me?". So many emotions are evoked that I was on the edge of my seat anticipating the conclusion of the plot.
gary

although this was not one of john grishams best books...it was still very interesting. i believe that his book The Client starts out great but then dies out as with The Street Lawyer. I do, though, recommend this book for people of all ages to read this novel. THanks!
Christina

i am in the tenth grade and i thought this book was very interesting. it kept my attention and was always drawing me back for more. i think the street lawyer was an excellent book.
Douj

Great book. Im the type of kid who doesnt really like reading on the whole, I just kept asking questions and It got more intense. I like happy endings. I might even read it on my spare time!!!
Ola

An excellent book once again from John grisham. Portraying a 35 year old man, working at a high status law firm that totally miss treats lower class people, after the firm being held hostage by a poor homeless man, wanting to show these well off people that money isnt everything. This incident changed the mans life, he quit his job, and started working as a homeless peoples lawyer, and deivorced his wife. Definatly a page turner, enthralling you to the next page.Text
JP

very great book, i loved reading it, and the book went by so fast it was amazing!

This is my first Grisham book and I became his fan instantly. The book is a total thriller from the very first page and now I am a regular reader of Grisham's novels. I liked this book because a person who did not change for the 35 years and it took only 32 days and his life changed totally. The book makes you think that the society is not a fantasy, there are bitter realities of life that are hidden behind the curtains of public ignorance.

Sarah

• Book Jacket: The Sun Is a Compass
    The Sun Is a Compass
    by Caroline Van Hemert
    Caroline Van Hemert fell in love with her future husband, Pat, in 2001, discovering they shared a ...
  • Book Jacket: Women Talking
    Women Talking
    by Miriam Toews
    Miriam Toews' Women Talking is a circadian novel, unfolding over a span of just a few hours and ...
  • Book Jacket: Confessions of an Innocent Man
    Confessions of an Innocent Man
    by David R. Dow
    It is circumstance that carries the wave that sweeps trendy Houston restaurateur Rafael Zhettah to ...
  • Book Jacket: Memories of the Future
    Memories of the Future
    by Siri Hustvedt
    I've never kept a journal, but my mother has written in hers for years, the annual volumes she's ...

D-Day Girls
    by Sarah Rose

The dramatic story of the extraordinary women recruited by Britain's elite spy agency to help pave the way for Allied victory.

When We Left Cuba
    by Chanel Cleeton

An exhilarating historical novel from the author of Next Year in Havana, a Reese Witherspoon Book Club pick.

Book Club
An American Marriage
by Tayari Jones

A masterpiece of storytelling, and a 2018 Oprah's Book Club Selection.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win Women Rowing North

The instant New York Times bestseller

A guide to wisdom, authenticity, and bliss for women as they age.

A B Penny A T U