Reader reviews and comments on The Street Lawyer, plus links to write your own review.

The Street Lawyer

Jan 1999, 464 pages

There are currently 40 reader reviews for The Street Lawyer

Caroline

From Highs to Lows,
I was required to read this book, for my senior AP English class, and of the other books that I had read so far were very boring and mostly non-fiction. When my teacher announced we were reading a Grisham novel, I was excited. I've read a few different Grisham novels, and I wasn't let down in this one. The Street Lawyer is an excellent fiction book, one of the best I've read. From the high-class to the slums, Michael Brock's actions never cease to amaze me.
Whittney Williams

Fast Track to the Streets
John Grisham does an elaborate job at provoking responses from one's sense of humanity, and drawing on the compassion within a given society. He shows us how easy it can be to do the right thing and help the less fortunate.

I loved this book, for the sheer reason that it displays a plot line that ordinary people can relate to. Throughout its entirity you are constantly wondering, "What if this happened to me?". So many emotions are evoked that I was on the edge of my seat anticipating the conclusion of the plot.
gary

although this was not one of john grishams best books...it was still very interesting. i believe that his book The Client starts out great but then dies out as with The Street Lawyer. I do, though, recommend this book for people of all ages to read this novel. THanks!
Christina

i am in the tenth grade and i thought this book was very interesting. it kept my attention and was always drawing me back for more. i think the street lawyer was an excellent book.
Douj

Great book. Im the type of kid who doesnt really like reading on the whole, I just kept asking questions and It got more intense. I like happy endings. I might even read it on my spare time!!!
Ola

An excellent book once again from John grisham. Portraying a 35 year old man, working at a high status law firm that totally miss treats lower class people, after the firm being held hostage by a poor homeless man, wanting to show these well off people that money isnt everything. This incident changed the mans life, he quit his job, and started working as a homeless peoples lawyer, and deivorced his wife. Definatly a page turner, enthralling you to the next page.Text
JP

very great book, i loved reading it, and the book went by so fast it was amazing!

This is my first Grisham book and I became his fan instantly. The book is a total thriller from the very first page and now I am a regular reader of Grisham's novels. I liked this book because a person who did not change for the 35 years and it took only 32 days and his life changed totally. The book makes you think that the society is not a fantasy, there are bitter realities of life that are hidden behind the curtains of public ignorance.

Sarah

• Book Jacket: Rust & Stardust
    Rust & Stardust
    by T Greenwood
    Highly readable and tightly plotted, T. Greenwood's Rust and Stardust achieves the perfect ...
  • Book Jacket: American Prison
    American Prison
    by Shane Bauer
    After spending over two years in Iran's notorious Evin Prison for supposedly crossing the country's ...
  • Book Jacket: Small Fry
    Small Fry
    by Lisa Brennan-Jobs
    Small Fry is the debut memoir from Lisa Brennan-Jobs, long-time journalist and writer, and oldest ...
  • Book Jacket: The Winter Soldier
    The Winter Soldier
    by Daniel Mason
    Imagine the thousands of confounding cases doctors face routinely for which diagnoses are hard to ...

The Removes by Tatjana Soli

A powerful, transporting novel about the addictive intensity and freedom of the American frontier.

Sold on a Monday
    by Kristina McMorris

An unforgettable novel inspired by a stunning piece of history.

Win The Clockmaker's Daughter