Reader reviews and comments on The Street Lawyer, plus links to write your own review.

The Street Lawyer

by John Grisham

The Street Lawyer by John Grisham X
The Street Lawyer by John Grisham

Feb 1998, 352 pages
    Jan 1999, 464 pages

There are currently 40 reader reviews for The Street Lawyer

birgitta

The opening was like very funny with the assailant's smell and appearance,but became very serious when the lawyers were held hostage.I love Grisham's books and this is a must read.
Josh

This book is awesome. When I first read it in grade 7 I loved it so much I decided to read it again in grade 8!! Once I started reading it I didn't want to put it down. I am hooked on Grisham books. This is my second and I am starting The Runaway Jury.

Age 14
Lindsey Greene

I think it has a really good plot. i enjoyed it a lot!
smorz

i loved it
Rekha

A wonderful book that reminds us of our social responsibilities.
Sarah

I am usually not a reader, but had to read this novel for a class. I really enjoyed the book, and I believe Grisham really did his homework on this one. I flew through the pages and every time I had to put it down, I couldn't wait to be able to pick it back up to read what happened next.

The issue in this book is a real issue in the world and our community, and I believe the story was an eye opener for some of the people in my class. I am glad that Grisham has the ability to bring real life issues to the surface in a fiction novel. I wonder, if we had more authors like that, if some of the major issues in our world would be such a problem because more eyes would be opened by their stories.

I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for something good to read.
vashisht

This is an excellent book. a book that must read.
Cory

I think Grisham did a great job with this book. It seem very well thoughtout and it sounded like he knew what he was talking about. He is an excellent writer.

• Book Jacket: Your House Will Pay
    Your House Will Pay
    by Steph Cha
    Steph Cha's novel Your House Will Pay shows how a legacy of violence and injustice can ripple ...
  • Book Jacket: Divide Me By Zero
    Divide Me By Zero
    by Lara Vapnyar
    Divide Me By Zero begins with an encounter between the narrator, Katya Geller, a 40-something mother...
  • Book Jacket: Mighty Justice
    Mighty Justice
    by Dovey Johnson Roundtree , Katie McCabe
    What it's about:
    Dovey Johnson Roundtree was one of two lawyers who won the landmark case "Sarah ...
  • Book Jacket: The Seine
    The Seine
    by Elaine Sciolino
    Of the 24 members who reviewed Elaine Sciolino's The Seine: The River that Made Paris for BookBrowse...

The Seine
    by Elaine Sciolino

"A soulful, transformative voyage along the body of water that defines the City of Light."
    —Lauren Collins

The In-Betweens
    by Mira Ptacin

"A fascinating history of an American community of Spiritualists... a fabulous read."
    —Elizabeth Gilbert

Win Home for Erring and Outcast Girls

From the author of
Calling Me Home

An emotionally raw and resonant story of two young women connected by a home for "fallen girls," and inspired by historical events.

W G Up M C D