MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Angels & Demons, plus links to write your own review.

Angels & Demons

by Dan Brown

Angels & Demons by Dan Brown X
Angels & Demons by Dan Brown

May 2000, 480 pages
    Jun 2001, 480 pages

There are currently 56 reader reviews for Angels & Demons

Kristine

I read this book in one day. I could not put it down - it kept pulling me in and I wanted to continue. this was truly awsome.
NDR series-5

The first Dan Brown book I ever read, and, I must say, absolutely outstanding.

The book tells the story of a Vatican Church fighting for its survival, and a final chapter in the so-called "conflict between religion and science". The latter is championed by the Illuminati, an ancient satanic cult. The Illuminati have supposedly stolen antimatter - a substance created by theo-physicist Leonardo Vetra - and plan to destroy the Vatican with it.

I liked the characters very much, particularly Robert Langdon and Vittoria Vetra. As for the bad guys, well, you'll be very surprised to find out who the mastermind behind it all is. All I can say is don't form any opinions before teh end of the book.

It was a shame <> but the story is still quite good.

But what I enjoyed most were the theological views and debates. The deistic philosophy preached in this book is almost identical to my own outlook.

Definitely recommended. Go buy it now!
Ian

This is the best read in years, his thourough research make the story believable, I can't stop turning the pages
Terri Collins

The time has come for a book that encourages the reader to ask for more information. Dan Brown's Angels and Demons creates not only the quest for knowledge of this books fasinating subject but of everything life has to offer. To understand to the fullest is an amazing sense of acomplishment.
april

I think that this book was thoroughly thought out and is very exciting to read. Dan Brown really makes you think while reading the book. I think I have found my new favorite author.
Shanna`

I received this book from my boss in hopes to "enlighten" me with truth on religion. I am a theology/communications double major and he is trying to prove to me that the Catholic religion has more faults than we can see.

Undoubtedly, Angels & Demons was the best book I read this summer. I have read five in total and by far, this was the most entertaining. In proving himself true, my boss and I have discovered the truth in the female characters words. Basically, Dan Brown made me realize fath is the backbone of all...

Thank you for a book that taught me so much.
Tom McCombs

Well Thought Out and Composed
I read this book while I was in the car, listening to it on CD. While the plot is wonderful and the research was good, I found that I kept wanting to fast forward the disk to get to the next part of the story. It seemed that nothing could just happen, it had to be dissected, remembered, interpreted and analyzed to extreme. I am sure that if I were reading the actual book, I would be able to skip over the extraneous verbiage and keep the story moving better. In some of the action segments, had Langdon actually had all the thoughts and observations that were attributed to him, he would have used up so much time that he would not have been able to get the job done.
Dan Brown has improved his craft as he has written other books -- The Da Vinci Code, for example has not been bogged down with all the "padding."
This would be an easy book to abridge.
derek damper

Science Fiction!!!
OK so we have anti-matter and the world's best scientists but they can't find a 'wireless' camera that is broacasting a tv picture? Simple RF triangulation... talk about suspension of disbelief. Huge hole in the plot.

• Book Jacket: Children of the Land
    Children of the Land
    by Marcelo Hernandez Castillo
    In this exquisitely crafted memoir, Marcelo Hernandez Castillo describes coming of age as a young ...
  • Book Jacket: A Good Neighborhood
    A Good Neighborhood
    by Therese Anne Fowler
    After fictionalized biographies of Zelda Fitzgerald (Z, 2013) and Alva Vanderbilt (A Well-Behaved ...
  • Book Jacket: Little Gods
    Little Gods
    by Meng Jin
    Little Gods, Meng Jin's intricate, emotionally intelligent debut, opens with a scene in which ...
  • Book Jacket: The Truants
    The Truants
    by Kate Weinberg
    The Truants opens with Jess Walker, a first-year university student in Norfolk, England, ...

Small Days and Nights
    by Tishani Doshi

A captivating and clear-eyed story of two sisters, set against the backdrop of modern India.

Remembrance
    by Rita Woods

A breakout debut with modern resonance, perfect for fans of The Underground Railroad and Orphan Train.

Father of Lions
by Louise Callaghan

A true-to-life narrative of one man's remarkable quest to save the Mosul Zoo.

Win The Lost Family

The Lost Family
by Libby Copeland

A deeply reported look at the rise of home genetic testing and the seismic shock it has had on individual lives.

A F I Need I A F I