Reader reviews and comments on Angels & Demons, plus links to write your own review.

Angels & Demons

Jun 2001, 480 pages

There are currently 56 reader reviews for Angels & Demons

sci fi reader

great book
I know some will oppose but a lot will agree.. that this book was superbly done. It may not be the book that has one of the original plots that you would expect, but the mere idea and neat plot is just great... I've read the book several times and still looking to read it few more times again.. it's what I can say is one of the books that kept me going....
PDC-ZERO

Excelent
I think this book was one of the best books I've ever read excellent thrilling moments and research too this book got me reading it 24/7 i couldn't stop reading it!
Rebecca Sweeney

A thought-provoking read
Harvard religious symbology professor Robert Langdon awoke to the ring of his telephone at five a.m. Only one hour later, he was whisked off to Switzerland on a fighter jet. What lay before him three thousand miles away from home was something he could hardly imagine. Dan Brown’s fictional novel Angels & Demons takes the reader through a labyrinth of mystery, murder, and secrets.

In the fast-paced thriller, Robert Langdon and Vittoria Vetra, a nuclear physicist, must track down a stolen canister of antimatter, a substance with twenty times the power of a nuclear bomb, that has been concealed somewhere in Vatican City on the eve of conclave, the choosing of a new pope. On their quest, they come across an even bigger mystery, leading them on a scavenger hunt through the ancient cathedrals of Rome, all while needed to find the antimatter before midnight.

I would highly recommend both Angels & Demons. Dan Brown does an amazing job of writing a high-paced but thought provoking mystery. If you’re looking for an intellectual book that will get your mind working, this is it. Through the multiple cliffhangers and intricate subplots, Angels & Demons is a hard book to put down.
Amisha Kulkarni

Heart pounding + Brain racking race against time.
Even though being fictional, Dan Brown has the power to bring about a false consciousness amongst the readers about the facts and the myths in the world and makes us rethink and question our world of knowledge and perception.
When I read this novel I almost submitted my mind to the realm of imagination. Readers are taken by surprise through out Robert Langdon's frantic journey. Dan Brown's futuristic attempt and thorough study is amazing and so worth reading.
thrilled

THE MOST FUN I EVER HAD READING A NOVEL
I thought the Da Vinci Code was overrated, but I'll give it a 3 out of 5, so I was skeptical to read A&D. Thank God I did! It is fun reading, imaginative plot, and brilliantly written. Now I've noticed that scholars (I presume they are) had dissected the story and pointed out all the inconsistencies, but I don't think Dan Browne was writing a text book. He sought to entertain and that he most certainly did! I too had my doubts about the plausibility of some of the events but hey... I was entertained. Sydney Sheldon did a good job of that in 'If Tomorrow Comes.' And at the risk of sounding callow, I love his treasure hunts. Dan I intend to read all your novels, and to obtain a front row seat to Angels & Demons when it premieres. Keep writing.
ashley

angels and demons review
this book is the most amazing page turner that i have ever read. at first i just was reading it for a summer reading book, but from page one it got my attention and i was turning pages since then!!!!
James R. W.Armstrong

Dan Brown's thriller puts human face on age oldwar of religion and science
I thought that I'd be 'let down' after reading Brown's now-famous The DaVinci Code. Not so! In 'Angels and Demons,' we are led on a thrilling race through modern Rome in a desperate attempt to save four cardinals - any one of whom could become the next Pope- from death. And to save the Vatican itself from destruction from the most powerful bomb ever devised.

In Brown's story, the predecessor to The DaVinci Code, we meet that novel's hero, Professor Robert Langdon, and the brilliant and mysterious scientest, Vittoria Vetra as they try to catch the terrorists.

Once again, the ending is stunning and will leave you astonished and, like me, deeply moved.
Mary

My favorite book!
This is my favorite book ever written! I started reading it, and couldn't stop until I finished. I have reread it so many times, I've memorized it, literally! I absolutely love this book!

• Book Jacket: Curious Toys
    Curious Toys
    by Elizabeth Hand
    In Curious Toys, Elizabeth Hand tells the story of Vivian, a 14-year-old girl disguised as a boy ...
  • Book Jacket: Your House Will Pay
    Your House Will Pay
    by Steph Cha
    Steph Cha's novel Your House Will Pay shows how a legacy of violence and injustice can ripple ...
  • Book Jacket: Divide Me By Zero
    Divide Me By Zero
    by Lara Vapnyar
    Divide Me By Zero begins with an encounter between the narrator, Katya Geller, a 40-something mother...
  • Book Jacket: Mighty Justice
    Mighty Justice
    by Dovey Johnson Roundtree , Katie McCabe
    What it's about:
    Dovey Johnson Roundtree was one of two lawyers who won the landmark case "Sarah ...

Ordinary Girls
    by Jaquira Díaz

Reminiscent of Tara Westover's Educate and Roxane Gay's Hunger--a memoir that reads as electrically as a novel.

The Seine
    by Elaine Sciolino

"A soulful, transformative voyage along the body of water that defines the City of Light."
    —Lauren Collins

Win Home for Erring and Outcast Girls

From the author of
Calling Me Home

An emotionally raw and resonant story of two young women connected by a home for "fallen girls," and inspired by historical events.

W G Up M C D