MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Angels & Demons, plus links to write your own review.

Angels & Demons

Jun 2001, 480 pages

There are currently 56 reader reviews for Angels & Demons

sci fi reader

great book
I know some will oppose but a lot will agree.. that this book was superbly done. It may not be the book that has one of the original plots that you would expect, but the mere idea and neat plot is just great... I've read the book several times and still looking to read it few more times again.. it's what I can say is one of the books that kept me going....
PDC-ZERO

Excelent
I think this book was one of the best books I've ever read excellent thrilling moments and research too this book got me reading it 24/7 i couldn't stop reading it!
Rebecca Sweeney

A thought-provoking read
Harvard religious symbology professor Robert Langdon awoke to the ring of his telephone at five a.m. Only one hour later, he was whisked off to Switzerland on a fighter jet. What lay before him three thousand miles away from home was something he could hardly imagine. Dan Brown’s fictional novel Angels & Demons takes the reader through a labyrinth of mystery, murder, and secrets.

In the fast-paced thriller, Robert Langdon and Vittoria Vetra, a nuclear physicist, must track down a stolen canister of antimatter, a substance with twenty times the power of a nuclear bomb, that has been concealed somewhere in Vatican City on the eve of conclave, the choosing of a new pope. On their quest, they come across an even bigger mystery, leading them on a scavenger hunt through the ancient cathedrals of Rome, all while needed to find the antimatter before midnight.

I would highly recommend both Angels & Demons. Dan Brown does an amazing job of writing a high-paced but thought provoking mystery. If you’re looking for an intellectual book that will get your mind working, this is it. Through the multiple cliffhangers and intricate subplots, Angels & Demons is a hard book to put down.
Amisha Kulkarni

Heart pounding + Brain racking race against time.
Even though being fictional, Dan Brown has the power to bring about a false consciousness amongst the readers about the facts and the myths in the world and makes us rethink and question our world of knowledge and perception.
When I read this novel I almost submitted my mind to the realm of imagination. Readers are taken by surprise through out Robert Langdon's frantic journey. Dan Brown's futuristic attempt and thorough study is amazing and so worth reading.
thrilled

THE MOST FUN I EVER HAD READING A NOVEL
I thought the Da Vinci Code was overrated, but I'll give it a 3 out of 5, so I was skeptical to read A&D. Thank God I did! It is fun reading, imaginative plot, and brilliantly written. Now I've noticed that scholars (I presume they are) had dissected the story and pointed out all the inconsistencies, but I don't think Dan Browne was writing a text book. He sought to entertain and that he most certainly did! I too had my doubts about the plausibility of some of the events but hey... I was entertained. Sydney Sheldon did a good job of that in 'If Tomorrow Comes.' And at the risk of sounding callow, I love his treasure hunts. Dan I intend to read all your novels, and to obtain a front row seat to Angels & Demons when it premieres. Keep writing.
ashley

angels and demons review
this book is the most amazing page turner that i have ever read. at first i just was reading it for a summer reading book, but from page one it got my attention and i was turning pages since then!!!!
James R. W.Armstrong

Dan Brown's thriller puts human face on age oldwar of religion and science
I thought that I'd be 'let down' after reading Brown's now-famous The DaVinci Code. Not so! In 'Angels and Demons,' we are led on a thrilling race through modern Rome in a desperate attempt to save four cardinals - any one of whom could become the next Pope- from death. And to save the Vatican itself from destruction from the most powerful bomb ever devised.

In Brown's story, the predecessor to The DaVinci Code, we meet that novel's hero, Professor Robert Langdon, and the brilliant and mysterious scientest, Vittoria Vetra as they try to catch the terrorists.

Once again, the ending is stunning and will leave you astonished and, like me, deeply moved.
Mary

My favorite book!
This is my favorite book ever written! I started reading it, and couldn't stop until I finished. I have reread it so many times, I've memorized it, literally! I absolutely love this book!

• Book Jacket: Follow Me to Ground
    by Sue Rainsford
    Ada and her father are human-like beings who age slowly and possess the power to heal all illness. ...
  • Book Jacket: Children of the Land
    Children of the Land
    by Marcelo Hernandez Castillo
    In this exquisitely crafted memoir, Marcelo Hernandez Castillo describes coming of age as a young ...
  • Book Jacket: A Good Neighborhood
    A Good Neighborhood
    by Therese Anne Fowler
    After fictionalized biographies of Zelda Fitzgerald (Z, 2013) and Alva Vanderbilt (A Well-Behaved ...
  • Book Jacket: Little Gods
    Little Gods
    by Meng Jin
    Little Gods, Meng Jin's intricate, emotionally intelligent debut, opens with a scene in which ...

Remembrance
    by Rita Woods

A breakout debut with modern resonance, perfect for fans of The Underground Railroad and Orphan Train.

Small Days and Nights
    by Tishani Doshi

A captivating and clear-eyed story of two sisters, set against the backdrop of modern India.

Father of Lions
by Louise Callaghan

A true-to-life narrative of one man's remarkable quest to save the Mosul Zoo.

Win The Lost Family

The Lost Family
by Libby Copeland

A deeply reported look at the rise of home genetic testing and the seismic shock it has had on individual lives.

A F I Need I A F I