What readers think of The Lost Boy, plus links to write your own review.

The Lost Boy

• Paperback:
    Aug 1997, 340 pages

There are currently 242 reader reviews for The Lost Boy

ROSEMARY MORRIS

THIS BOOK WAS VERY TOUCHING TO ME I WAS AMAZED AT HOW HE KEPT THIS A SECRET FOR SO LONG. MADE ME WONDER HOW COULD THE MOTHER PUT UP WITH HER SELF WHEN SHE WAS DOING THIS TO HER CHILD. WHY DIDN'T THE FATHER DO SOMETHING HE WAS A FIREFIGHTER HE COULD HAVE TOOK TE BOY AND LEFT. BUT HE STUDE THERE LIKE HE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT WAS HAPPENING.
Craig Quinn

This book was very interesting and very touching and gripped me from the start
leah shilts

it was the best book i've ever read.it just kept pulling me in when i tryed to put it down.
allie

this book is a truly touching book that shows the tramatic life of a young boy who grows up to really know himself. it was great!
chunyi223

Amazing book with very poignant content that really moved me to tears. As touching as "A Child Called it". So disgusted by the way young Dave was treated in the family, but he was a brave boy and luckily all ended well for him as can be seen in the next sequel. Love all 3 bks!!
nicolle storrs

this book is amazing and i love this book it teaches you alot about treating people i rate it 5 out of 5 and i really do love this book and them all so read them all
Tinkerbell

This Book Is really Good and shows me how not to treat my kid.
Barbara

I have read the first one and now i am reading the second one i am disgusted with te way the family treated this little boy it wasn't right. Plus i had tears in my eyes.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Gilded Ones
    The Gilded Ones
    by Namina Forna
    After years of feeling like an outcast, Deka wants nothing more than to pass through the Ritual of ...
  • Book Jacket: The Code Breaker
    The Code Breaker
    by Walter Isaacson
    What makes humans human? It's a mystery that has inspired philosophers and driven scientific ...
  • Book Jacket: Genesis
    Genesis
    by Guido Tonelli
    Popular science books represent an important niche in non-fiction. They build a bridge between ...
  • Book Jacket: Buses Are a Comin'
    Buses Are a Comin'
    by Charles Person, Richard Rooker
    Charles Person was just 18 years old in 1961 when he became the youngest of the first wave of '...

The Girl in His Shadow
by Audrey Blake
The story of one woman who believed in scientific medicine before the world believed in her.

Crossing the River
    by Carol Smith

A powerful exploration of grief that combines memoir, reportage, and lessons in how to heal.

A Theater for Dreamers
    by Polly Samson

A spellbinding tour-de-force about the beauty between naïveté and cruelty, artist and muse.

Win This Book!
Win The Girls in the Stilt House

The Girls in the Stilt House by Kelly Mustian

"Remarkable debut...a nearly flawless tale of loss...and redemption."
—PW, starred review