Reader reviews and comments on The Lost Boy, plus links to write your own review.

A Foster Child's Search for the Love of a Family

Aug 1997, 340 pages

There are currently 242 reader reviews for The Lost Boy

nestle

The lost boy
The first book Dave Pelzer made it was so shocking. I just couldn't believe how his stupid mother could do that to the child.Let's just call her an it to.But why would she do that to a child? And why didn't you go tell someone so they could help you.If I were you I would have run away by that time.
Ana

The Lost Boy
This book was interesting to read!!!
JASMINE

THE BEST BOOK EVER!
This book is so good its even better than a child called it .... GO READ IT!!!
Christina DeJesus

The Lost Boy By : David Pelzer
I am not the type of person to read books. It is just not my thing. But when I read and finished the book is was an amazing book. It was really sad and depressing. I just could not believe what a mother could do to her own child. This book is based on a true story too. But I think David Pelzer's book are wonderful to read but sad at the same time. He is also a great author.
Imaan Ganim

The Lost Boy
This is a great book! This book is about a boy named David whom was abused at an early age by his mother. That was written about in the first book titled A Child Called It.... [edited to remove plot spoilers]. In this book David answers the questions and reveals the answers of the book A Child Called It.
Emie

Great Book!
This book is over all very sad, but it is so good to read. I hate to read personally, but when it came to "Child Called It" I wouldn't put it down. And now I am reading "The Lost Boy" and this book is also very touching and very excellent! Next I WILL be reading "Man Named Dave".
GREAT BOOK!!
Jessica Lopez

Love this book with a passion!!!
The Lost Boy, that was a good title for the book because it just had so much in common. I'm just 15 and I really feel sorry for everything he went through. Going to foster houses every time it wasn't right. Had to work at a young age and being responsible for everything. This book is just a great book to read but hopefully he finally found a place he could called home!
brenda

speechless
I'm just speechless. All i can say is that this book is the best one of all the thousands of books i have read on my entire life.

Join BookBrowse

• Book Jacket: The Sea Gate
    The Sea Gate
    by Jane Johnson
    In Jane Johnson's novel, The Sea Gate, set in England, readers are introduced to Becky, a young ...
  • Book Jacket: Stories from Suffragette City
    Stories from Suffragette City
    by M.J. Rose, Fiona Davis
    Our First Impressions readers were fascinated by the historical fiction from a range of authors ...
  • Book Jacket: The Mystery of Mrs. Christie
    The Mystery of Mrs. Christie
    by Marie Benedict
    The Mystery of Mrs. Christie by Marie Benedict, notable author of previous historical fiction such ...
  • Book Jacket: To Be a Man
    To Be a Man
    by Nicole Krauss
    While, as its title hints, To Be a Man by Nicole Krauss is concerned with masculinity, it renders a ...

The Prophets
    by Robert Jones Jr.

A stunning debut novel about the forbidden union between two enslaved young men on a Deep South plantation.

The Fortunate Ones
    by Ed Tarkington

An engrossing story of class, love, and loyalty for fans of Kevin Wilson's Nothing to See Here.

The Moment of Lift
by Melinda Gates
How can we summon a moment of lift for women? Because when you lift up women, you lift up humanity.

A library, to modify the famous metaphor of Socrates, should be the delivery room for the birth of ideas--a place ...

T M T C, T M T Stay T S