What readers think of The Lost Boy, plus links to write your own review.

A Foster Child's Search for the Love of a Family

Aug 1997, 340 pages

There are currently 242 reader reviews for The Lost Boy

nestle

The lost boy
The first book Dave Pelzer made it was so shocking. I just couldn't believe how his stupid mother could do that to the child.Let's just call her an it to.But why would she do that to a child? And why didn't you go tell someone so they could help you.If I were you I would have run away by that time.
Ana

The Lost Boy
This book was interesting to read!!!
JASMINE

THE BEST BOOK EVER!
This book is so good its even better than a child called it .... GO READ IT!!!
Christina DeJesus

The Lost Boy By : David Pelzer
I am not the type of person to read books. It is just not my thing. But when I read and finished the book is was an amazing book. It was really sad and depressing. I just could not believe what a mother could do to her own child. This book is based on a true story too. But I think David Pelzer's book are wonderful to read but sad at the same time. He is also a great author.
Imaan Ganim

The Lost Boy
This is a great book! This book is about a boy named David whom was abused at an early age by his mother. That was written about in the first book titled A Child Called It.... [edited to remove plot spoilers]. In this book David answers the questions and reveals the answers of the book A Child Called It.
Emie

Great Book!
This book is over all very sad, but it is so good to read. I hate to read personally, but when it came to "Child Called It" I wouldn't put it down. And now I am reading "The Lost Boy" and this book is also very touching and very excellent! Next I WILL be reading "Man Named Dave".
GREAT BOOK!!
Jessica Lopez

Love this book with a passion!!!
The Lost Boy, that was a good title for the book because it just had so much in common. I'm just 15 and I really feel sorry for everything he went through. Going to foster houses every time it wasn't right. Had to work at a young age and being responsible for everything. This book is just a great book to read but hopefully he finally found a place he could called home!
brenda

speechless
I'm just speechless. All i can say is that this book is the best one of all the thousands of books i have read on my entire life.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Gilded Ones
    The Gilded Ones
    by Namina Forna
    After years of feeling like an outcast, Deka wants nothing more than to pass through the Ritual of ...
  • Book Jacket: The Code Breaker
    The Code Breaker
    by Walter Isaacson
    What makes humans human? It's a mystery that has inspired philosophers and driven scientific ...
  • Book Jacket: Genesis
    Genesis
    by Guido Tonelli
    Popular science books represent an important niche in non-fiction. They build a bridge between ...
  • Book Jacket: Buses Are a Comin'
    Buses Are a Comin'
    by Charles Person, Richard Rooker
    Charles Person was just 18 years old in 1961 when he became the youngest of the first wave of '...

The Girl in His Shadow
by Audrey Blake
The story of one woman who believed in scientific medicine before the world believed in her.

Ariadne
    by Jennifer Saint

A mesmerizing debut novel about Ariadne, Princess of Crete for fans of Madeline Miller's Circe.

A Theater for Dreamers
    by Polly Samson

A spellbinding tour-de-force about the beauty between naïveté and cruelty, artist and muse.

There is no such thing as a moral or immoral book. Books are either well written or badly written. That is all.

F A C Starve A F