Reader reviews and comments on Resistance, plus links to write your own review.

by Owen Sheers

Feb 2008, 320 pages
    Feb 2009, 320 pages

Lucia Silva

There are currently 19 reader reviews for Resistance

Linda (02/26/08)

Resistance by Owen Sheers
As a "baby boomer" I have always been told about World War II and the heroism of the Allied troops. Naturally I believed everything I was told since it's a matter of history. This new book has made me think a little harder about what I have always believed. What if the Germans had won? The book is a refreshing change and plants a lot of new ideas in my head. I recommend this book to anyone and everyone.
Colleen (02/26/08)

Resistance
This was a well told story of unavoidable changes brought on by war. The author has an excellent ability to put the reader in the story with his descriptions of Wales. You come to care for the characters and hope that the situation will resolve itself for the best, but as in real life situations very rarely turn out for the best. Days later I'm still thinking about the story and how maybe things could have turned out different. I look forward to other novels by this author
Rebecca (02/26/08)

Resistance
Resistance was a beautifully written book which, while correctly called a historical novel, was also a novel of great suspense as enormous tension builds throughout the story. Set in a remote Welsh valley during WWII, Resistance is the story of five women left on their own by their husbands. A group of five German soldiers appear in the valley looking for a lost treasure and slowly build relationships with the five women who begin to see the men as men and sons and friends rather than as the enemy. Enjoy!

Rise
    by Cara Brookins

How a house built a family. An inspiring real-life story.

The Girl Before
    by JP Delaney

An enthralling psychological thriller of duplicity, death, and deception.

Win No Man's Land

No Man's Land
by Simon Tolkien

The Sellout
    by Paul Beatty
    Paul Beatty's The Sellout was one of those books that flew somewhat under the radar when it was...
  • Book Jacket: Ruler of the Night
    Ruler of the Night
    by David Morrell
    Amateur sleuth Thomas De Quincey is back in a mystery set in Victorian England. This time, he and ...
  • Book Jacket: A List of Cages