What readers think of Angela's Ashes, plus links to write your own review.

Angela's Ashes

May 1999, 255 pages

There are currently 87 reader reviews for Angela's Ashes

Belinda M Campbell

This book awakened me
My becoming aware of this book is strange. This book appeared in my mailbox. There was no explanation of where it came from or who had sent it to me. I had absolutely no recollection of ordering it. I had been going through a long period of depression and self-isolation and not reading anything. I did read this book and I loved it and in some ways I related to it. It sparked my old love of reading and I have been reading more ever since. When my husband and I visited Ireland we made a special stop in Limerick to see Frank McCourt's old neighborhood and the museum in his honor.
K. Combs

Poverty through the eyes of a child
Our book club read this book last year. I fell it love with this book. Frank McCourt's description of his life via his eyes as a child were so real, sad and yet humorous all at the same time. And yet to still be aware it was all true. I laughed so hard at time it brought me to tears. There are only a handful of books I will never be without, and I am very proud to say, this is one. McCourt give a very vivid description of what life was like, for the wee lads, during this period of history. It left me craving for more.
E.G.BAHADIR

im my opinion it is the best
It is one of the wonderful books I have read. In this book everything is perfect -subject,reality and others. I can't explain more because I only know a little English. THANK YOU MR McCOURT
Holly

Angela's Ashes
This book is highly recommended, after reading this book...it made me realize that there is a reason for everything. This book makes me a better person.
siobhan

it is a great novel that gives a clear perspective on Frank's life and makes you really feel for him
Rachel

fantastic up and down emotions. pulling at your heart strings laughing crying and simply delightful!
Morgan Evans

Hi! My name is Morgan Evans and i am 14 years old. I have seen this book on shelves and i have just passed it on by which was a mistake. When i began my freshman year in highschool i had to pick a person or a biography to study. This was a 500 point grade and when finding that the person of my choice was already taken i decided to read the book. The beginning was kind of slow but when i got into the book it was touching and it made me feel very thankful for what i have. This book was great!
senior05

This book shows you exactly what life was like in the 1930's. It is great for summer reading or for any one who has to do a college or high school senior English report. I highly recomend this book to everyone.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Second Place
    Second Place
    by Rachel Cusk
    Rachel Cusk's Outline trilogy drew much of its substance from monologues and dialogues that swirled ...
  • Book Jacket: The Funny Thing About Norman Foreman
    The Funny Thing About Norman Foreman
    by Julietta Henderson
    The Funny Thing About Norman Foreman is the comedic debut novel of writer Julietta Henderson. It ...
  • Book Jacket: In Search of a Kingdom
    In Search of a Kingdom
    by Laurence Bergreen
    The Age of Exploration in the early modern period, lasting roughly from the 15th through 16th ...
  • Book Jacket: Under a White Sky
    Under a White Sky
    by Elizabeth Kolbert
    You can never go back home...so the saying goes. According to Pulitzer Prize-winning science writer ...

Of Women and Salt
by Gabriela Garcia
A kaleidoscopic portrait of generations of women from a 19th-century Cuban cigar factory to the present day.

Crossing the River
    by Carol Smith

A powerful exploration of grief that combines memoir, reportage, and lessons in how to heal.

Ariadne
    by Jennifer Saint

A mesmerizing debut novel about Ariadne, Princess of Crete for fans of Madeline Miller's Circe.

I write to add to the beauty that now belongs to me

A S I T closet