What readers think of Angela's Ashes, plus links to write your own review.

Angela's Ashes

May 1999, 255 pages

There are currently 87 reader reviews for Angela's Ashes

Belinda M Campbell

This book awakened me
My becoming aware of this book is strange. This book appeared in my mailbox. There was no explanation of where it came from or who had sent it to me. I had absolutely no recollection of ordering it. I had been going through a long period of depression and self-isolation and not reading anything. I did read this book and I loved it and in some ways I related to it. It sparked my old love of reading and I have been reading more ever since. When my husband and I visited Ireland we made a special stop in Limerick to see Frank McCourt's old neighborhood and the museum in his honor.
K. Combs

Poverty through the eyes of a child
Our book club read this book last year. I fell it love with this book. Frank McCourt's description of his life via his eyes as a child were so real, sad and yet humorous all at the same time. And yet to still be aware it was all true. I laughed so hard at time it brought me to tears. There are only a handful of books I will never be without, and I am very proud to say, this is one. McCourt give a very vivid description of what life was like, for the wee lads, during this period of history. It left me craving for more.
E.G.BAHADIR

im my opinion it is the best
It is one of the wonderful books I have read. In this book everything is perfect -subject,reality and others. I can't explain more because I only know a little English. THANK YOU MR McCOURT
Holly

Angela's Ashes
This book is highly recommended, after reading this book...it made me realize that there is a reason for everything. This book makes me a better person.
siobhan

it is a great novel that gives a clear perspective on Frank's life and makes you really feel for him
Rachel

fantastic up and down emotions. pulling at your heart strings laughing crying and simply delightful!
Morgan Evans

Hi! My name is Morgan Evans and i am 14 years old. I have seen this book on shelves and i have just passed it on by which was a mistake. When i began my freshman year in highschool i had to pick a person or a biography to study. This was a 500 point grade and when finding that the person of my choice was already taken i decided to read the book. The beginning was kind of slow but when i got into the book it was touching and it made me feel very thankful for what i have. This book was great!
senior05

This book shows you exactly what life was like in the 1930's. It is great for summer reading or for any one who has to do a college or high school senior English report. I highly recomend this book to everyone.

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    Stories from the Tenants Downstairs
    by Sidik Fofana
    'Everybody got a story, everybody got a tale / Question is: Is it despair or prevail?' ...
  • Book Jacket: Fire Season
    Fire Season
    by Leyna Krow
    Fire Season is a thoroughly enjoyable novel that touches upon multiple genres and themes. It ...
  • Book Jacket: The Story of Russia
    The Story of Russia
    by Orlando Figes
  • Book Jacket: Moth
    Moth
    by Melody Razak
    On August 15, 1947, India gained independence from the United Kingdom, and on that same day the ...

The Ways We Hide