What readers think of Angela's Ashes, plus links to write your own review.

Angela's Ashes

Sep 1996, 360 pages

May 1999, 255 pages

There are currently 87 reader reviews for Angela's Ashes

skp

WOW! what a great book! I couldn't put it down. This book envoked just about every emotion. I would suggest this book to every adult!!
Heather

Angela`s Ashes was an excellent book and I recomment this book for young adults and older. I couldn`t put it down.
Josh Glenn

MCcourts story twisted and tugged at me personally on accout that i am a survivor of lower to middle class ireland.

Rachel Barker

This book definately shows how much poverty there was in Ireland and makes you feel greatful for what you have. You get to see how one person could survive such a terrible life.
Jennifer

This book is purely incredible. I had to read it for a school assignment, and at first I was dreading reading it, but once I started I really couldn't put it down. It is highly entertaining and very funny, while at the same time it is very moving. It gave me a new perspective on life; I now realize how truly hard some people's lives are and I appreciate my life much more. I would, without a doubt, recommend this book to anyone, whether you love literature or you don't really like to read -- you'll love it either way! This book is amazing!
Melissa MacDonald

I think this book was above Excellant. It's a pager turner . Once you start you cant put it down

Kerry Payne

awrite ma hearties,

thought this book was pure bangin! anyone who hasnt read this should defo give ut a bash!

cheerz, c y'all l8r! KP xoxox
Jane

The book Angela's Ashes was fantastic. It gave you a real feeling on how things were like, growing up in Ireland and going through such a tough childhood. It was hard to put it down, and many a night I stayed up late reading it.

Join and Save 20%!

Foster
    by Claire Keegan
    Dr. No
    by Percival Everett
    Percival Everett's novel Dr. No follows Wala Kitu, a professor of mathematics at Brown University ...

Honor
by Thrity Umrigar

Members Recommend

The Family Izquierdo
    by Rubén Degollado

A masterful debut that weaves together the lives of three generations of a Mexican American family bound by love, and a curse.

W N, W Not

Great political questions stir the deepest nature of one-half the nation, but they pass far above and over the ...