Announcing our Top 20 Books of 2022

What readers think of Angela's Ashes, plus links to write your own review.

Angela's Ashes

Sep 1996, 360 pages

May 1999, 255 pages

There are currently 87 reader reviews for Angela's Ashes

box_monkey

it was really good and so was 'Tis [the next book in the series] but the only annoying thing was that it didn't have quotation marks... and to answer Michele's question i dont think its the fire thing ... read 'Tis and you'll get it
Pippa

This book is one of the best of ever read. I'll cherish it forever.

In response to Michele's question:

Frankie's mum stares of into the ashes of the fire whenever she's really upset.
Michele

i immensely enjoyed this book but am having difficulty understanding the relationship of the title to the book. Any thoughts?
CaseyBlue

I think that this was am awesome book to read. I even read it 3 times in a row and did a project on it for school and everyone who heard about the book in my class from me thought that it sounded really good. My whole family has read it at least a couple times each and even though I am only in grade ten, I still will enjoy the book for the rest of my life!
Hugh G Rection

This book was good, but kind of hard to get into in the beggining. It was fun to read about the life of the young Frank McCourt growing up in Ireland. I recomend it for people in there late teens to whenever.
Frankie

I love this book. It makes a person realize, and be grateful for everything they have. If I would have grown up like McCourt, and I don't think I would have survived. It is truly a heartbreaking story, but McCourt lightens it up with his humor, and makes the book delightful to read.
Kate

This book is absolutely beautiful. It shows just how strong the human will can be. Not only does the author describe the imagery, but he pulls us all into the story, creating something truly remarkable.
Taylor

This book is spectacularly written. It is amazing that Frank survived his childhood let alone be able to share it with the world. It is amazing how poverty stricken his family was and this has opened my eyes immensely.

Join and Save 20%!

Become a member and
discover exceptional books.

• Book Jacket: I'm the Girl
    I'm the Girl
    by Courtney Summers
    YA author Courtney Summers doesn't believe in shielding her teenage readers from the world's darkest...
  • Book Jacket: They're Going to Love You
    by Kevin Wilson

Members Recommend

Our Missing Hearts
    by Celeste Ng

From the author of Little Fires Everywhere, a new novel about a mother’s unbreakable love in a world consumed by fear.

W N, W Not

Cradles of the Reich
by Jennifer Coburn
Three women, a nation seduced by a madman, and the Nazi breeding program to create a so-called master race.

Idealism increases in direct proportion to one's distance from the problem.