Reader reviews and comments on Life As We Knew It, plus links to write your own review.

Life As We Knew It

May 2008, 360 pages

There are currently 42 reader reviews for Life As We Knew It

Student

Indoctrination of the mind
I was made in school to read this book and it goes against my moral beliefs. First of all we can all figure out that the mom in the book is liberal and referring to Pres. George W. Bush when he states what's happening we're all going to be able to get through this by prayers in God, which then she mutters "Idiot" . Not to mention the fact that the earth is going to flood and we know based on the BIBLE that God's promise is that He will never flood the earth again. The whole book is against my moral beliefs. I'm only in the seventh grade and know that this is wrong not to mention the fact that if you don't agree with the President no matter who he is he and his position is to be respected and not called an idiot.
Nora

Boring
At first when I choose this book for a book report I was extremely excited to read it because of all the great reviews and comments it had. One page in and I was already bored. The concept of the book was great, and pretty exciting. But the author ruins it by not truly connecting the characters together. Their relationships are clear but foggy. It is hard to feel what the characters are going through and I found the authors writing style sloppy. All in all I was forcing myself to finish this book just so I could finish my book report, otherwise I would not have even bothered.

• Book Jacket: With the Fire on High
    With the Fire on High
    by Elizabeth Acevedo
    From Like Water for Chocolate to Ratatouille, writers have recognized the power ...
  • Book Jacket: Lanny
    Lanny
    by Max Porter
    At once beautifully poignant and hauntingly grotesque, Max Porter's Lanny is like an unexpected ...
    Call Me American
    by Abdi Nor Iftin
  • Book Jacket: The Last Collection
    The Last Collection
    by Jeanne Mackin
    What it's about:
    The Last Collection by Jeanne Mackin follows the lives of two internationally ...

Beirut Hellfire Society
    by Rawi Hage

A searing and visionary novel set in 1970s Beirut that asks what it means to live through war.

Book Club
The Guest Book
by Sarah Blake

"An American epic in the truest sense…"
Entertainment Weekly

Win In the Full Light of the Sun

New from Clare Clark!

"Evocative prose and excellent pacing make this fine historical a must-read for art history buffs."
- Publishers Weekly