MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Life As We Knew It, plus links to write your own review.

Life As We Knew It

May 2008, 360 pages

There are currently 42 reader reviews for Life As We Knew It

Hailey

Life As We Knew It
I am a 6Th grader in middle school and i think this is a GREAT book for reading logs! When I read this book I could picture everything just perfectly the way the author describes it! This book is definitely for 11 and up... (it has its moments). I highly recommend this book to everyone 11 and up!
Sunstar

Must Read!!!
This book is full of action, drama, survival, and even humor! The ending seemed really bad, until I realized that Life as We knew it was in a series! The second book is pretty good as well.
Carly

Uh-mazzing!
This book seems so real. (let's just hope this never really happens! ). I was reading this book while I was sick so I didn't get out very much. Many times I was confused with real life and the book. This book is the best you should read it right away!
Taylor

Best book ever.!
This book is amazing. I checked it out and never thought i would like it as much as i did. I honestly couldn't put it down. Yes, it leaves you hanging, but you can almost guess whats going too happen. It is pretty graphic and sad. But an awesome read. Hope everyone enjoyed it.! =)
cat

terrific reading
The book was really great and looking forward to a sequel. Is there going to be a sequel. If so, when?
[BookBrowse: There is a sequel, The Dead and the Gone, which which is about the same event, but written from the perspective a teenage boy in New York City.]
vanessa somarriba

life as we knew
The book life as we knew was an amazing book. The author, Susan Beth Pfeffer, really made this book realistic. It started out when an asteroid made an impact on the moon. Many people thought this was a time to celebrate but when they saw that the moon came closer they were scared. It changed life for everyone. For Miranda, the main character, her family, and the humans on the earth. Survival was then based on how much you prepared for it with food that would last for more than a year and that included water.
Paigee

Amazing Book!
Definitely read this book! It was amazing. I stayed up so many nights until I was about to pass out because I wanted to see what would happen so bad! Definitely worth it!
aly.

amazing
This book is so amazing, I hate reading but this book makes me not want to stop. All the excitement, a little bit of romance and some what of a mystery, you don't know what is going to happen. This book is just AMAZING.

• Book Jacket: This Is Happiness
    This Is Happiness
    by Niall Williams
    Niall Williams's This Is Happiness offers an extraordinary portrait of a particular moment in the ...
  • Book Jacket: In the Dream House
    In the Dream House
    by Carmen Maria Machado
    In the introduction to In the Dream House, Carmen Maria Machado (a National Book Award finalist for ...
  • Book Jacket: Father of Lions
    Father of Lions
    by Louise Callaghan
    Our readers have given high marks to Father of Lions by Louise Callaghan. Out of 21 reviewers, 18 ...
  • Book Jacket: American Dirt
    American Dirt
    by Jeanine Cummins
    Jeanine Cummins' American Dirt hasn't just been positively reviewed by BookBrowse First Impressions ...

The Lost Man
by Jane Harper

"Strong characters, riveting plot and an honest look at life in the Australian outback make it easy to give this 5-stars!"
—BookBrowse

Remembrance
    by Rita Woods

A breakout debut with modern resonance, perfect for fans of The Underground Railroad and Orphan Train.

Small Days and Nights
    by Tishani Doshi

A captivating and clear-eyed story of two sisters, set against the backdrop of modern India.

Win The Adventurer's Son

Publishing Soon!
The Adventurer's Son

"A brave and marvelous book. A page-turner that will rip your heart out."
--Jon Krakauer