Reader reviews and comments on Life As We Knew It, plus links to write your own review.

Life As We Knew It

May 2008, 360 pages

There are currently 42 reader reviews for Life As We Knew It

Emily.

life changing.
Okay, so this book can totally change your life. Recently we got a ton of snow, and I was reading this book while our power was out from the snow. I finished it and every time the power would blink, I would think oh no! the world is coming to an end! And then it would take me a couple seconds to figure out that the world wasn't, in fact, coming to an end. I would definitely recommend this book! READ IT NOW!
Gracie

A Perfect Book!!!
This book was amazing and I just couldn't put it down! It's about how Miranda, her brothers Jonny and Matt, and their mom deal through time somewhat like the Great Depression where the supermarkets run out of food, gas goes up to $10 a gallon, and the it snowed in July. If you like a book where you are never going to know what is going to happen next, this is a great book for you!!! It also teaches a lot of valuable lessons as well like to be grateful for what I have and not to be picky. I cried whenever someone died in the story when they were in the book all along. When they died I felt like I lost a family member. Some highlights of the book were um let me think, EVERYTHING!!!!! One down side to it is that there is some bad language but it's an amazing story!!! I give this book a 10 out of 10!!!
Anonymous

Life as we knew it
I started reading this book for school but ended up reading it in one night! This book is just amazing every page has excitement; from laughter to weeping. you never know what is going to happen next. The book is kind of depressing, but I am telling you just keep reading because this book is amazing! What goes on in this book is just to much to explain, so you just have to read this book!
Me and My books

My Opinion
I LOVED this book! It was the first real survival story I read. I would read it at night and then go to sleep thinking that the world had changed in real life! I liked the authors use of sequence. Whenever I thought things were really a downer, she'd add a entry about skating with Brandon, or Christmas Day; and that would bring my spirits up again.
On the more negative side, I thought that there was a little too much dying/leaving of people I really cared for. I think that the author should've made it so that you either meet the characters that die breifly or the character knew the person a little bit or hadn't seen people in a long time. The death of a few characters you got to know was ok, but by the death of the Doctor (hopefully people who've read the book know who I'm talking about, the the ones who haven't don't!) I was wondering if anyone around them that they knew was still alive!

Overall though the book was AMAZING!!!
Student

Life as we knew it
I think this book is great...i bought it at my schools book fair :) and i am reading it right now and i really like it :)
avidreader

Couldn't put it down:.
I truly believe that the book knocked the fear right into me to the point I nearly felt that the world was coming to an end. It takes a lot to have that effect on someone. The relationships are not forced they're gorgeous and I can't believe that I waited this long to read it:.
S Mulder

The Best Book EVER!
This is the best book I ever read and i liked it so much. But my teacher made part of her class read it for group and a LOVED it. It is the type of book I like. Them trying to survive and a trouble time they are having. Also all the people that they knew that died. That was very sad.
Gin

Amazing.
I got totally sucked into the book. There would be moments where I would be freezing cold, despite the eighty degree weather, simply because in the book it was cold. You really feel like you're there and experiencing it. I've even felt like I'm at the end of the world. I love it! I definitely enjoy my chocolate more. :]

Call Me American
    by Abdi Nor Iftin
  • Book Jacket: The Last Collection
    The Last Collection
    by Jeanne Mackin
    What it's about:
    The Last Collection by Jeanne Mackin follows the lives of two internationally ...
  • Book Jacket: Mrs. Everything
    Mrs. Everything
    by Jennifer Weiner
    Mrs. Everything spans six decades of an American family. We meet the Kaufman sisters Josette 'Jo' ...
    Tip of the Iceberg
    by Mark Adams
    In the late 19th century, railroad magnate Edward Harriman decided he needed a break from his ...

The Volunteer
    by Jack Fairweather

The true story of one man, an underground army, and the secret mission to destroy Auschwitz from within.

The Last Collection
    by Jeanne Mackin

A vivid novel about the intense rivalry between iconic fashion designers Coco Chanel and Elsa Schiaparelli.

Book Club
The Guest Book
by Sarah Blake

"An American epic in the truest sense…"
Entertainment Weekly

Win In the Full Light of the Sun

New from Clare Clark!

"Evocative prose and excellent pacing make this fine historical a must-read for art history buffs."
- Publishers Weekly