Reader reviews and comments on Life As We Knew It, plus links to write your own review.

Life As We Knew It

May 2008, 360 pages

There are currently 42 reader reviews for Life As We Knew It

Student

Indoctrination of the mind
I was made in school to read this book and it goes against my moral beliefs. First of all we can all figure out that the mom in the book is liberal and referring to Pres. George W. Bush when he states what's happening we're all going to be able to get through this by prayers in God, which then she mutters "Idiot" . Not to mention the fact that the earth is going to flood and we know based on the BIBLE that God's promise is that He will never flood the earth again. The whole book is against my moral beliefs. I'm only in the seventh grade and know that this is wrong not to mention the fact that if you don't agree with the President no matter who he is he and his position is to be respected and not called an idiot.
Nora

Boring
At first when I choose this book for a book report I was extremely excited to read it because of all the great reviews and comments it had. One page in and I was already bored. The concept of the book was great, and pretty exciting. But the author ruins it by not truly connecting the characters together. Their relationships are clear but foggy. It is hard to feel what the characters are going through and I found the authors writing style sloppy. All in all I was forcing myself to finish this book just so I could finish my book report, otherwise I would not have even bothered.

• Book Jacket: Wilder Girls
    Wilder Girls
    by Rory Power
    In Rory Power's Wilder Girls, the Raxter School for Girls, located on Raxter Island off the coast of...
  • Book Jacket: Inland
    Inland
    by TĂ©a Obreht
    It's 1893 and the sparsely populated settlement of Amargo, deep in the Arizona Territory, is ...
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Conviction
    Conviction
    by Denise Mina
    Scottish author Denise Mina's latest novel, Conviction, is a fast-paced thriller narrated by Anna, a...

Ellie and the Harpmaker
    by Hazel Prior

A rich, heartwarming and charming debut novel about finding love in unexpected places.

Book Club
America for Beginners
by Leah Franqui

A poignant debut that explores unlikely friendships forged in unusual circumstances.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win Crudo

Crudo by Olivia Laing

A brilliant, funny, and emphatically raw novel of love on the brink of the apocalypse.

S A A B In A R