MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Life As We Knew It, plus links to write your own review.

Life As We Knew It

May 2008, 360 pages

There are currently 42 reader reviews for Life As We Knew It

Student

Indoctrination of the mind
I was made in school to read this book and it goes against my moral beliefs. First of all we can all figure out that the mom in the book is liberal and referring to Pres. George W. Bush when he states what's happening we're all going to be able to get through this by prayers in God, which then she mutters "Idiot" . Not to mention the fact that the earth is going to flood and we know based on the BIBLE that God's promise is that He will never flood the earth again. The whole book is against my moral beliefs. I'm only in the seventh grade and know that this is wrong not to mention the fact that if you don't agree with the President no matter who he is he and his position is to be respected and not called an idiot.
Nora

Boring
At first when I choose this book for a book report I was extremely excited to read it because of all the great reviews and comments it had. One page in and I was already bored. The concept of the book was great, and pretty exciting. But the author ruins it by not truly connecting the characters together. Their relationships are clear but foggy. It is hard to feel what the characters are going through and I found the authors writing style sloppy. All in all I was forcing myself to finish this book just so I could finish my book report, otherwise I would not have even bothered.

• Book Jacket: All Adults Here
    All Adults Here
    by Emma Straub
    In an author's note at the end of All Adults Here, Emma Straub comments on her decision a few years ...
  • Book Jacket: The Lightness of Hands
    The Lightness of Hands
    by Jeff Garvin
    The stillness that comes right after reading a book that has wrapped itself firmly around your heart...
  • Book Jacket: The Vanishing Half
    The Vanishing Half
    by Brit Bennett
    Brit Bennett's second novel, The Vanishing Half (after The Mothers, her 2016 bestselling debut), ...
    Tropic of Violence
    by Nathacha Appanah
    Marie is a nurse working in Mayotte, a cluster of French territory islands in the Indian Ocean. When...

The Prisoner's Wife
    by Maggie Brookes

Inspired by the true story of a courageous young woman who enters a Nazi POW camp to be with the man she loves.

The Last Flight
by Julie Clark

The story of two women and one agonizing decision that will change the trajectory of both of their lives.

Win The House on Fripp Island

The House on Fripp Island
by Rebecca Kauffman

A taut, page-turning novel of secrets and strife.

M's T W!