Reader reviews and comments on Into Thin Air, plus links to write your own review.

Into Thin Air

A Personal Account of the Mount Everest Disaster

by Jon Krakauer

Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer

May 1997, 416 pages
    May 1998, 378 pages

There are currently 36 reader reviews for Into Thin Air

Carrie (11/29/04)

Absolutely amazing adventure story!! I could not bear to put it down until I finished!
simon white (11/15/04)

Although I am not involved in climbing/mountaineering I was absolutely glued to this book (twice). It allows you to have an insight into the world of the mountain, where different rules apply.
I found this book contained all the correct ingredients to keep any curious mind occupied, I would certainly reccommend it to anyone.
Give it a go!
Michelle (10/31/04)

Allows the reader to accompany the Adventure Consultant expedition in the comfort of their own home.
Brenda Rempel (10/24/04)

I felt that the book was good but Jon had the tendancy to get off topic and drag the book on.
Eliza (08/03/04)

Incredible story. About faith, bravery, peolpe and... Sagarmatha ...
Charity (11/20/03)

This book is one of the best I have every read. It captured me and I couldn't put it down until I finished, even then I re-read is 2 more times. I would recommend to anyone.
Allen Meece (11/17/03)

Climbing Mount Everest is hard. Getting back down is harder.
I read the book 3 or 4 times, it was so good. Jon loves mountaineering and delivers just enough technical info to provide an education as well as entertainment. The undercurrent of fear of the majestic mountain deified the peak and gave the book a mystical quality of doom that was magnificent. Jon was thankfully honest about the causes of the 1996 disaster so that I felt I got my money's worth and really learned something. He took some heat from those who proved unworthy of the mountain and I support him for withstanding the attacks from those who couldn't admit their shortcomings.
Anonymous (10/09/03)

The book was great! It's well worth the read.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Castle of Water
    by Mark Kurlansky
  • Book Jacket: Temporary People
    Temporary People
    by Deepak Unnikrishnan
    In this powerful and innovative collection of 28 short stories, Deepak Unnikrishnan presents a ...

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

The Stars Are Fire
    by Anita Shreve

If We Were Villains
    by M. L. Rio

Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned.

Y S M B, I'll S Y