Reader reviews and comments on Dragon Rider, plus links to write your own review.

Dragon Rider

by Cornelia Funke

Dragon Rider

Aug 2004, 528 pages
    May 2005, 528 pages

There are currently 56 reader reviews for Dragon Rider

sjcurby (12/03/04)

I thought it was awsome at the end
Xinyu Luo (12/01/04)

This was a spectacular book! Firedrake, a silver dragon and his companion Sorrel, a Spotted Forest Brownie, learns that their precious valley is about to be attacked by humans, the set of on a hopeless adventure to find the mystical Rim of Heaven. A boy named Ben hitches along on the adventure and becomes a trusted friend and a navigator, but evil lurks at every water source. Nettlebrand, the Golden One is a golden dragon who enjoyed hunting and eating silver dragons, but he thought that they had been extinct 150 years ago when he couldn't track any more, but when Firedrake lands at his door step, he sends spies to track them down. After alot of help, and united allies, a risky plan makes an end of the book.

William (11/29/04)

Hmmm...
I think this was a fantastic book, not just because of the wonderful story, but the author's rich words. I read it when I was 10, and liked it right away. I have a thing for dragons, and this one is the best yet! (besides Eragon) I think it is also great because I read it to my little brother, and also like it as much as I do. You have to read this book too! :p
larny parny (11/28/04)

I really enjoyed reading about Firedrake etc. Burr-Burr-Chan is a very weird name! I enjoyed reading it and was surprised when they <<edited for potential plot spoiler content>>. Burr-Burr-Chan - what a name!

Oh, yes - a remarkable book!

Jolly remarkable indeed!
Xinyu Luo (11/27/04)

HImmmmm (11/26/04)

That was one good book...........
Jackie (11/22/04)

It was alright, it was kinda stupid and probally for younger childern (about 8-12)
Nicole (11/19/04)

This book enchanted me not just because of its fast-pace plot, but because it offers a different perspective from what we tend to think of dragons today. I am 14 years old, and although it was a very easy read, I recommend it to teens as well as kids. It'll definetly test how well you know your folklore!

One Month Free Membership