Reader reviews and comments on Dragon Rider, plus links to write your own review.

Dragon Rider

May 2005, 528 pages

There are currently 57 reader reviews for Dragon Rider

terry (11/24/08)

dragon rider
I am 12 years old and I thought that you book (Dragon Rider)was great as I read it I thought how great and fun it would be to write a book like yours so I have started and it would also be fun to be in the book and ride on a dragons back lol.
dragonriderfan1774 (10/27/08)

Dragon Rider Review
Dragon Rider may have been one of the best books I've ever read. all the good guys were fun (perfect for children's book) yet the bad characters were scary(adds a TINY bit of excitement) my favorite character was Twigleg, and I have no idea why nobody writing reviews here mentioned him. He was cute, funny, cunning, and taught little children reading the book that good triumphs over evil. he also teaches little children that you don't have to succumb to pressure and fear.
kiki (09/20/08)

Best Book in my young life!!
Oh Cornelia Funke such a successful book you've written. You are so creative and talented Dragon Rider is THE BEST BOOK I have ever read in my entire life. The characters Firedrake, Sorrel,Ben,Barnarbas Greenbloom, Vita Greenbloom,Guinevere,Rosa Graytail,Gilbert Graytail,Lola Graytail , Zubeida , Nettlebrand,Gravelbeard,Maia,Shimmertail,Twigleg,the old dragon,the sea serpent and the monks were genius. I have read lots of books and I have believed in magic for along time but when I read Dragon Rider it really took me away. It has and will change me forever I thank you for that Cornelia. Also Asif the djinn GENIUS!
tori flower (09/10/08)

dragon rider
I thought this book was awesome! I think any person who likes to read a good fantasy book should get there hands on this book!
tess (12/03/07)

dragon rider
I think that this book was very creative and imaginative, when I was reading; I could see the pictures flow through my mind smoothly. One thing I learnt was that dragons only fly by the gleaming moon light. The ending should have been more closed up. I enjoyed it very much and thought that this was the first time I read a book with unique and creative characters.
larissa (07/27/07)

Dragon rider
I loved this book.I read again and again.
It was a very interesting story
Alaina (07/18/07)

Dragon Rider
This book was an amazing book! Its one of my fav's! The way Cornelia Funke writes is so breathtaking! Even if it is just for kids really (and hey i'm 14 and I love it too!), its so great! Keep writing more books Cornelia Funke! Your so good!
Dragon (10/31/06)

Dragon Rider Review
I would have to say this is my second favorite book, my first favorite book is ERAGON. Dragon Rider is a wonderful book I can sometimes picture in my mind what's happening in the story.

• Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...
  • Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...

The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers