MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Dragon Rider, plus links to write your own review.

by Cornelia Funke

Aug 2004, 528 pages
    May 2005, 528 pages

There are currently 56 reader reviews for Dragon Rider

dragonriderfan1774 (10/27/08)

Dragon Rider Review
Dragon Rider may have been one of the best books I've ever read. all the good guys were fun (perfect for children's book) yet the bad characters were scary(adds a TINY bit of excitement) my favorite character was Twigleg, and I have no idea why nobody writing reviews here mentioned him. He was cute, funny, cunning, and taught little children reading the book that good triumphs over evil. he also teaches little children that you don't have to succumb to pressure and fear.
kiki (09/20/08)

Best Book in my young life!!
Oh Cornelia Funke such a successful book you've written. You are so creative and talented Dragon Rider is THE BEST BOOK I have ever read in my entire life. The characters Firedrake, Sorrel,Ben,Barnarbas Greenbloom, Vita Greenbloom,Guinevere,Rosa Graytail,Gilbert Graytail,Lola Graytail , Zubeida , Nettlebrand,Gravelbeard,Maia,Shimmertail,Twigleg,the old dragon,the sea serpent and the monks were genius. I have read lots of books and I have believed in magic for along time but when I read Dragon Rider it really took me away. It has and will change me forever I thank you for that Cornelia. Also Asif the djinn GENIUS!
tori flower (09/10/08)

dragon rider
I thought this book was awesome! I think any person who likes to read a good fantasy book should get there hands on this book!
tess (12/03/07)

dragon rider
I think that this book was very creative and imaginative, when I was reading; I could see the pictures flow through my mind smoothly. One thing I learnt was that dragons only fly by the gleaming moon light. The ending should have been more closed up. I enjoyed it very much and thought that this was the first time I read a book with unique and creative characters.
larissa (07/27/07)

Dragon rider
I loved this book.I read again and again.
It was a very interesting story
Alaina (07/18/07)

Dragon Rider
This book was an amazing book! Its one of my fav's! The way Cornelia Funke writes is so breathtaking! Even if it is just for kids really (and hey i'm 14 and I love it too!), its so great! Keep writing more books Cornelia Funke! Your so good!
Dragon (10/31/06)

Dragon Rider Review
I would have to say this is my second favorite book, my first favorite book is ERAGON. Dragon Rider is a wonderful book I can sometimes picture in my mind what's happening in the story.
Sheri (08/30/06)

Excellent choice.
As a 5th grade teacher, I spend time reading books that my students have recommended. I really enjoyed this book. I kept reading it every night because of the enjoyable characters. The main character persevers in this book and you really fall in love with the plot, characters, and hidden messages. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys fantasy novels!!

• Book Jacket: The North Water
    The North Water
    by Ian McGuire
    In early 1859 the crew of the Volunteer, a Greenland-bound whaler, is making the most of the last ...
  • Book Jacket: City of Secrets
    City of Secrets
    by Stewart O'Nan
    In his new novel, City of Secrets, Stewart O'Nan spins a tale of espionage and intrigue as ...
  • Book Jacket: The Atomic Weight of Love
    The Atomic Weight of Love
    by Elizabeth Church
    A prologue set in 2011 introduces readers to this novel's unforgettable narrator. Meridian ...

The Children
    by Ann Leary

With remarkable wit and insight, Ann Leary pulls back the curtain on one blended family.

Win The Weekenders

The Perfect Summer Escape!

Told with Mary Kay Andrews' trademark blend of humor and warmth.

Girl Waits with Gun