BookBrowse - winner of Gold in the 2017 Modern Library Awards - is an affordable, reader-focused, and user-friendly readers' advisory resource and online magazine suited for librarians and patrons alike.
Unlike the many databases that attempt to list all books regardless of quality, BookBrowse carefully sifts through the thousands of books published each month - saving librarians and patrons valuable time - and recommends only the best.
Exceptional books don't just entertain, they also engage, enlighten and make us step outside of ourselves. BookBrowse seeks out these books across a range of genres, both fiction and nonfiction, and links each book page to the corresponding book in the library's OPAC for one-click searching.
Our editorial focus coupled with our extensive reading group resources makes BookBrowse a particularly valuable destination for book club members and those who read to expand their horizons, as well as librarians responsible for collection development and book club organization.
Focusing on depth rather than breadth, BookBrowse provides a wealth of information, including:
- In-depth reviews of the best in contemporary fiction and nonfiction.
- "Beyond the Book" articles that explore historical, cultural and contextual aspects of each featured book.
- Thousands of handpicked read-alike suggestions, and hundreds of themed reading lists.
- Extensive book club resources such as reading guides, top 10 recommendations and author interviews.
- A link from each book to the relevant search result in your library's OPAC.
- Previews of notable books publishing soon - available online or as a downloadable spreadsheet.
- The BookBrowse Review - BookBrowse's twice-montly online magazine.
- And much more. See full feature list.
Two Subscription Options to Suit Your Public Library:
BookBrowse offers some content for free, but full access is only for subscribers. To fit the varying needs of libraries, BookBrowse offers two types of subscriptions:
- Patron & Librarian Access: Provides unlimited on-site and remote access for both librarians and patrons. This option is best suited to libraries with a strong book club presence and patrons who read to expand their horizons. BookBrowse provides convenient, easy-to-use tools to help readers discover the best books for them, as well as a wealth of supplemental information on these books to enhance and deepen the reading experience. Librarians responsible for readers advisory, collection development and book club organization will also find it of great use. Instant quote.
- Librarian-Only Access: A particularly affordable option that provides all librarians with access to BookBrowse's readers' advisory, collection development and book club resources. It's also great for staying up to date with new and notable books. Instant quote.
Subscriptions for one named subscriber are available at bookbrowse.com/join
If you are a college or high school librarian and would like BookBrowse for your library - either for collection development purposes or for student use - please contact us