Reader reviews and comments on Snow Falling On Cedars, plus links to write your own review.

Snow Falling On Cedars

Sep 1995, 460 pages

There are currently 44 reader reviews for Snow Falling On Cedars

Dave S (06/01/11)

Snow Falling on Cedars
I read this many years ago, but still count it among my favorites. It is one of those rare books where the setting is painted so vividly, you are taken there to listen and experience the story firsthand. And once you are there, the story flows beautifully and dramatically, keeping you engaged from the first page to the last.
Scrutiny (05/29/11)

While flowing through a series of flashbacks and present day proceedings, an inexperienced reader may feel lost. But these same flashbacks delve deeply into the mindsets of the characters and opens the reader up to a much closer connection to each character. Guterson's extensive use of description will not leave the reader wondering. He expertly puts the reader in the middle of each scene, uncensored. If the reader is disgusted by the war scenes, or uncomfetable with the more sensual scenes, then Guterson has achieved success, as dramatic reactions on part of the reader are certain to be expected. A must read for older readers who are willing to immerse themselves in a book for hours.
some reviewer (05/29/11)

Overall, good
Admittedly, the beginning nearly turned me off. But once I got through the opening, I did not want to put it down. The book keeps you guessing, and the pages keep turning.
Noble (11/15/10)

I cant even get past the first three chapters. It puts me to sleep.
corshelle (04/21/10)

the best book ever
This was one of the best books I have ever read. It pulls you in then spits you out. You can't put it down.
????? (01/29/10)

I could not get past the first few pages. At first it moves to slow, then it picks up, but it stays pretty slow.
UNKNOWN!!!!! (05/17/07)

Snow falling on cedars my opinion
I found this book extremely boring!!!! Although I can give it props because it described everything in the book in a very detailed manner. I had to read it for a project and the beginning of the book is drastically boring. The love story within the book is the only part that I found very interesting . It was a beautiful and emotional part. Guterson did not have to describe the the intercourse parts so vividly though I do recommend this book if you are interested in the court room setting I do not recommend if you don't like long books and books that aren't interesting from the beginning.
reader j (01/08/07)

I had to read this book in English class and once I started reading I couldn't stop anymore. I find that the novel is written brilliantly- calm, but not boring. Every character is so lively!

• Book Jacket: A Land of Permanent Goodbyes

• Book Jacket: Educated
    by Tara Westover

The House of Broken Angels
    by Luis Alberto Urrea

The definitive Mexican-American immigrant story from an acclaimed storyteller.

Sometimes I Lie
    by Alice Feeney

Win The Balcony

The Balcony
by Jane Delury

Sorry, we do not currently have an active wordplay!