Reader reviews and comments on The Unchangeable Spots of Leopards, plus links to write your own review.

The Unchangeable Spots of Leopards

Feb 2014, 272 pages

Kim Kovacs

There is 1 reader review for The Unchangeable Spots of Leopards

Nadja

Thinking caps required; reward is worth the effort!
I led a book club discussion on this book in May 2014. We read mostly literary fiction, and this is definitely right up our alley. To be honest, I had read the book, quickly, a couple months earlier, was confused on several plot elements, and would have given it about a 7/10 for some of the more unrealistic aspects. When I re-read and took notes to keep the timelines and characters straight, I realized what the author was doing. I was in possession of a real gem and my score moved to 9/10).

The writing is absolutely superb. The characters breathe. The story line/s (you will understand that /s after you read it) grab you so you actually care about what is going to happen to them.

One of our more erudite members referred to the novel as a whole as "picaresque" (a term the rest of us had to look up).

I really can't describe the plot without giving the whole thing away. I will be first in line to buy the next book Jansma writes. Just ordered two copies of the paperback from my local independent in hopes that they will stock and so I always have a copy to hand someone to borrow!

Highly recommend with the caveat of not reading it too quickly and to re-read the first chapter (at least) after you finish.

Famous Literary Spats

by Anjali Sachdeva
  • Book Jacket: Look Alive Out There
    Look Alive Out There
    by Sloane Crosley
    After a brief (and thoroughly enjoyable) foray into fiction (with her 2015 novel The Clasp), Sloane ...

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes