Reader reviews and comments on Fast Food Nation, plus links to write your own review.

Fast Food Nation

Jan 2001, 288 pages
    Jan 2002, 384 pages

There are currently 26 reader reviews for Fast Food Nation

Jacob A (12/06/02)

My group and I researched the technology practice of fast food for our final presentation this term in tech values in society. The book was suggested to us by our teacher and proved to be an interesting read. The content was not too suprising (fast food is just like the other industries), but reading it was fun rather than dry.
Patrick B (12/02/02)

I used this book to help me with a big speech I did about fast food and it's effects on your health.It was for my fundamentals of public speeking class.This book gave me a pleathera of good information and really opened my eyes to how down hill the food industry has gone in the last 30-40 years.They've (companies in the fast food industry) have sacrificed quality for quantity just to make thier profits bigger and better, and it's disgusting.
Kate (11/13/02)

Too bad, Ricky- ignorance is not always bliss. You'll find no cliff notes here.
ricky (11/12/02)

this book is very disturbing. I like my fast food and would rather not know what is in it, who handles it, or how it is made. As soon as i get sick from it, i will then change my mind, but until then, i am happy with what i eat. By the way, i had to read this because my teacher made me read it.
Stacy (11/10/02)

The truth revealed in this book can make one weary of what or where to eat. This book hopefully will help change society and our eating habits. It sure has changed my views on food.
Jake (10/22/02)

somethings we just need to know about...
Kate (10/03/02)

I recently read a review that bashed Schlossberg's synopsis of our "fast food nation." The critics claim that he was selective about the facts he presented in his book, using it to bash the capitalist nature of our society. The critics missed the point: Sclossberg, in a thorough and methodical fashion, discussed the facts and procedures that contribute to how our meal is put together. Any anger or fear the reader feels is the result of not having known the process before reading the book. Especially poignant is the heinously slack USDA and FDA standards imposed on the large meatpacking companies that supply these food chains. Can't argue with the facts. The only way he could have mislead the American public was to literally get the facts wrong.
Joe (05/29/02)

A Great Book. You are what you eat. Unfortunately, as a nation, this is also true.

• Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine
  • Book Jacket: The Female Persuasion
    The Female Persuasion
    by Meg Wolitzer
    A college freshman struggling for identity. A 1960s feminist icon attempting to maintain her ...
  • Book Jacket: A Lucky Man
    A Lucky Man
    by Jamel Brinkley
    If his debut collection of short stories, A Lucky Man is any indicator, Jamel Brinkley is poised on ...
  • Book Jacket: Picture Us In The Light
    Picture Us In The Light
    by Kelly Loy Gilbert
    Kelly Loy Gilbert presents a beautiful narrative with myriad intertwined plotlines that explores the...

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Sometimes I Lie