MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Fast Food Nation, plus links to write your own review.

Fast Food Nation

The Dark Side of The All American Meal

by Eric Schlosser

Fast Food Nation

Jan 2001, 288 pages
    Jan 2002, 384 pages

There are currently 26 reader reviews for Fast Food Nation

Jacob A (12/06/02)

My group and I researched the technology practice of fast food for our final presentation this term in tech values in society. The book was suggested to us by our teacher and proved to be an interesting read. The content was not too suprising (fast food is just like the other industries), but reading it was fun rather than dry.
Patrick B (12/02/02)

I used this book to help me with a big speech I did about fast food and it's effects on your health.It was for my fundamentals of public speeking class.This book gave me a pleathera of good information and really opened my eyes to how down hill the food industry has gone in the last 30-40 years.They've (companies in the fast food industry) have sacrificed quality for quantity just to make thier profits bigger and better, and it's disgusting.
Kate (11/13/02)

Too bad, Ricky- ignorance is not always bliss. You'll find no cliff notes here.
ricky (11/12/02)

this book is very disturbing. I like my fast food and would rather not know what is in it, who handles it, or how it is made. As soon as i get sick from it, i will then change my mind, but until then, i am happy with what i eat. By the way, i had to read this because my teacher made me read it.
Stacy (11/10/02)

The truth revealed in this book can make one weary of what or where to eat. This book hopefully will help change society and our eating habits. It sure has changed my views on food.
Jake (10/22/02)

somethings we just need to know about...
Kate (10/03/02)

I recently read a review that bashed Schlossberg's synopsis of our "fast food nation." The critics claim that he was selective about the facts he presented in his book, using it to bash the capitalist nature of our society. The critics missed the point: Sclossberg, in a thorough and methodical fashion, discussed the facts and procedures that contribute to how our meal is put together. Any anger or fear the reader feels is the result of not having known the process before reading the book. Especially poignant is the heinously slack USDA and FDA standards imposed on the large meatpacking companies that supply these food chains. Can't argue with the facts. The only way he could have mislead the American public was to literally get the facts wrong.
Joe (05/29/02)

A Great Book. You are what you eat. Unfortunately, as a nation, this is also true.

• Book Jacket: All Tomorrow's Parties
    All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
  • Book Jacket: The Never-Open Desert Diner
    The Never-Open Desert Diner
    by James Anderson
    James Anderson's debut novel, The Never-Open Desert Diner, starts off as an entertaining ...
  • Book Jacket: The Vanishing Velazquez
    The Vanishing Velazquez
    by Laura Cumming
    Author Laura Cumming spins out a tale of obsession and ruin in her latest book, The Vanishing Vel&#...
Win The 100 Year Miracle

50 Copies to Give Away!

The 100 Year Miracle is a rich, enthralling novel, full of great characters.

Spinster
by Kate Bolick

A bold, original, moving book that will inspire fanatical devotion and ignite debate.

The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper
    by Phaedra Patrick

In a poignant and sparkling debut, a lovable widower embarks on a life-changing adventure.

The Dark Lady's Mask
    by Mary Sharratt

Based on the life of the first professional woman poet in Renaissance England, and her collaboration with Shakespeare.

H Now B C?