Reader reviews and comments on Fast Food Nation, plus links to write your own review.

Fast Food Nation

The Dark Side of The All American Meal

by Eric Schlosser

Fast Food Nation

Jan 2001, 288 pages
    Jan 2002, 384 pages

There are currently 26 reader reviews for Fast Food Nation

47 (09/24/04)

Awesome book. A must read for any avid fast-food eater. It will make you think before you taking another bite of that greasy burger. Should be required reading for everyone. Use your head, and make informed decisions, read this book!
Em (09/12/04)

I gave this a low rating because although it is very informational and true, I was very irritated with how much the author branched into a story-telling mode for a while, (LONG while,) then eventually linked it to his point. It was hard to follow what he was saying and I got lost easy. This was required reading for my English class, so if I had read this on my own time, I would have put the book down within the first chapter.
Mark_Bledsoe (03/04/04)

Frightening, should make you think about your eating habits.
Chris H (12/14/03)

Thsi book was most intelectual when questioning the era of the century we are in. It displayed a nich for the facts that business is the driving machine in America. The fast food industry is just as we english scholars like to say "la ist normlish". Jolly good novel not up to par with Upton Sinclairs though as one stagnant rodent might feel.
Anonymous (12/09/03)

This was a very informative book. But way too many facts. The book was really boring.....i slept half way through it
Shae (10/14/03)

How could you spoil the plot to this book? It is a bunch of facts and is essentially the dark macabre history of the fast food industry. If your into history and like being informed of the horrible world we live in today have a good time reading. Though I gave it a low rating it is a very informative book. If your looking for entertainment I suggest A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers.
Michael Finley (08/13/03)

An interesting book to read, but a bit shallow. A great book for people that won't think for themselves. The
author jumps to conclusions without backing his statements up with hard scientific research. I'm sure this book is
popular with the PETA crowd.
Darren M O'Connor (07/22/03)

Excellant read. Schlosser is definite and centred with the facts. Althought his great storytelling ability is lost somewhere near the end amid multi-facts it's the subject matter and Schlosser's ability to present it using seasoned logic which makes for such a good read. Like it or loathe it, you have to hand it to Eric for a well-researched and exciting read.

• Book Jacket: A Certain Age

Falling
    by Jane Green

The Secret Language of Stones
    by M. J. Rose

"A fantastic historical tale of war, love, loss and intrigue."
    – Melanie Benjamin

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All