Reader reviews and comments on Her Kind of Case, plus links to write your own review.

Her Kind of Case

Aug 2018, 320 pages

Kim Kovacs

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Her Kind of Case

Sandi W.

Winer writes to her own experiences - wonderful!
There are not many books that get a 5 star rating from me. However this book rose right to the top. I had to often remind myself that this book is fiction. In story and character it ranked right up there with the true crime books that I often read.

Lee Isaacs is a defense attorney. She takes on the case of one young man who is accused of helping skinheads kill a gay man. Her client, Jeremy refuses to talk to her, but he has confessed to the crime. Lee must use all her experience and vices to fester out what really happened, who is really to blame, and why her client refuses to help defend himself.

This is my first read by Winer, who is a retired criminal attorney herself. Writing to her own experience is indeed much to the readers delight. This novel was tight, succinct, and a definite page turner. There was belief in the characters, a couple of laugh out loud moments, and building suspense as the book developed. It is well worth the time to read.
Yana Gifford

A perfect legal mystery book!
This is an absolutely perfect legal mystery! I do love a good mystery book and a court case thriller, but this book was a page-turning masterpiece of legal mystery books. A wonderfully selected list of characters and scenes. Setting aside the legal side of the story this book will definitely move your feelings. The story is heartbreaking and inspirational. A must read. I will definitely read other books by Lee Isaacs, esq.
Peggy T

Courtroom Drama Deluxe
I really enjoyed this book and hated for it to end. I hope it is the beginning of a series. It reminded me of Kate Wilhelm’s legal series that began with the book entitled Death Qualified.
Sharalynne Pasztor

Her Kind of Case
This was a well written book about an aging attorney and a case she is working on. Felt like I've read this book many times before though...for me everything that happened I expected...including the ending. What I did enjoy about the book though was the relationship between Lee and her father and the interactions between Lee and the prosecuting attorney. They seemed to genuinely like each other and that was refreshing.

• Book Jacket: The Flight Portfolio
    The Flight Portfolio
    by Julie Orringer
    At once a sweeping historical narrative, an insightful character study and a tender romance, Julie ...
  • Book Jacket: How to Make Friends with the Dark
    How to Make Friends with the Dark
    by Kathleen Glasgow
    Don't go to bed angry; make up after fights; always say I love you – you don't know when ...
    Red Birds
    by Mohammed Hanif
    Mohmmed Hanif's Red Birds is part Catch-22, part Slaughterhouse-Five, part Kafka's The Castle, and ...
  • Book Jacket: Endeavour
    Endeavour
    by Peter Moore
    Miriam-Webster defines a biography as "a usually written history of a person's life." One might ...

The Volunteer
    by Jack Fairweather

The true story of one man, an underground army, and the secret mission to destroy Auschwitz from within.

The Last Collection
    by Jeanne Mackin

A vivid novel about the intense rivalry between iconic fashion designers Coco Chanel and Elsa Schiaparelli.

Win The Guest Book

The Guest Book
by Sarah Blake

"An American epic in the truest sense."
—Entertainment Weekly