Reader reviews and comments on Her Kind of Case, plus links to write your own review.

Her Kind of Case

Aug 2018, 320 pages

Kim Kovacs

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Her Kind of Case

Sandi W.

Winer writes to her own experiences - wonderful!
There are not many books that get a 5 star rating from me. However this book rose right to the top. I had to often remind myself that this book is fiction. In story and character it ranked right up there with the true crime books that I often read.

Lee Isaacs is a defense attorney. She takes on the case of one young man who is accused of helping skinheads kill a gay man. Her client, Jeremy refuses to talk to her, but he has confessed to the crime. Lee must use all her experience and vices to fester out what really happened, who is really to blame, and why her client refuses to help defend himself.

This is my first read by Winer, who is a retired criminal attorney herself. Writing to her own experience is indeed much to the readers delight. This novel was tight, succinct, and a definite page turner. There was belief in the characters, a couple of laugh out loud moments, and building suspense as the book developed. It is well worth the time to read.
Yana Gifford

A perfect legal mystery book!
This is an absolutely perfect legal mystery! I do love a good mystery book and a court case thriller, but this book was a page-turning masterpiece of legal mystery books. A wonderfully selected list of characters and scenes. Setting aside the legal side of the story this book will definitely move your feelings. The story is heartbreaking and inspirational. A must read. I will definitely read other books by Lee Isaacs, esq.
Peggy T

Courtroom Drama Deluxe
I really enjoyed this book and hated for it to end. I hope it is the beginning of a series. It reminded me of Kate Wilhelm’s legal series that began with the book entitled Death Qualified.
Sharalynne Pasztor

Her Kind of Case
This was a well written book about an aging attorney and a case she is working on. Felt like I've read this book many times before though...for me everything that happened I expected...including the ending. What I did enjoy about the book though was the relationship between Lee and her father and the interactions between Lee and the prosecuting attorney. They seemed to genuinely like each other and that was refreshing.

• Book Jacket: Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead
    Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead
    by Olga Tokarczuk
    A subversive feminist noir mystery set in a remote Polish village, Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of...
  • Book Jacket: The World Doesn't Require You
    The World Doesn't Require You
    by Rion Amilcar Scott
    You can't move for young authors being marketed as "unique," "bold" and "visionary" these days. So ...
  • Book Jacket: The Long Call
    The Long Call
    by Ann Cleeves
    Penning a great murder mystery seems like it would be particularly challenging. The story often fits...
  • Book Jacket: The Liar
    The Liar
    by Ayelet Gundar-Goshen
    The Liar is a book that will make its readers uncomfortable by design; set in modern-day Israel, it ...

Motherhood So White
    by Nefertiti Austin

A heartwarming memoir of motherhood and adoption told through an African American lens.

The Shadow King
    by Maaza Mengiste

"A brilliant novel, lyrically lifting history towards myth. It's also compulsively readable."
    —Salman Rushdie

Win The Girl Who Reads on the Métro

The Girl Who Reads on the Métro

An enchanting story for fans of The Little Paris Bookshop and The Elegance of the Hedgehog.

L, Damn L, A S