Reader reviews and comments on The Electric Woman, plus links to write your own review.

The Electric Woman

Kim Kovacs

There is 1 reader review for The Electric Woman

Joe D.

Run Away To The Circus
The story of a young woman who runs away with the circus sounds a bit trite, but Fontaine tells the story of a year in her own life, and it is captivating. She joins The World of Wonders, America’s last traveling side show. Fontaine weaves stories of her ailing mother and stories from her childhood into the story of her time with the sideshow. One of the quotes on the back cover says: “I have never read a book more tender or more true.” This quote would never have prompted me to read the book, but having read the book, I can attest that it is apt. For readers who dislike memoirs, as I do, I urge you to make an exception. An unusual, highly readable book.

World of Wonders

• Book Jacket: Hungry
    Hungry
    by Jeff Gordinier
    Noma, René Redzepi's restaurant in Copenhagen, Denmark, has widely been considered among the ...
  • Book Jacket: With the Fire on High
    With the Fire on High
    by Elizabeth Acevedo
    From Like Water for Chocolate to Ratatouille, writers have recognized the power ...
  • Book Jacket: Lanny
    Lanny
    by Max Porter
    At once beautifully poignant and hauntingly grotesque, Max Porter's Lanny is like an unexpected ...
    Call Me American
    by Abdi Nor Iftin

Beirut Hellfire Society
    by Rawi Hage

A searing and visionary novel set in 1970s Beirut that asks what it means to live through war.

Book Club
The Guest Book
by Sarah Blake

"An American epic in the truest sense…"
Entertainment Weekly

Win In the Full Light of the Sun

New from Clare Clark!

"Evocative prose and excellent pacing make this fine historical a must-read for art history buffs."
- Publishers Weekly