Reader reviews and comments on The Electric Woman, plus links to write your own review.

The Electric Woman

Kim Kovacs

There is 1 reader review for The Electric Woman

Joe D.

Run Away To The Circus
The story of a young woman who runs away with the circus sounds a bit trite, but Fontaine tells the story of a year in her own life, and it is captivating. She joins The World of Wonders, America’s last traveling side show. Fontaine weaves stories of her ailing mother and stories from her childhood into the story of her time with the sideshow. One of the quotes on the back cover says: “I have never read a book more tender or more true.” This quote would never have prompted me to read the book, but having read the book, I can attest that it is apt. For readers who dislike memoirs, as I do, I urge you to make an exception. An unusual, highly readable book.

World of Wonders

• Book Jacket: Delayed Rays of a Star
    Delayed Rays of a Star
    by Amanda Lee Koe
    Amanda Lee Koe's Delayed Rays of a Star begins with a late-1920s photo of three women at a party in ...
    Southernmost
    by Silas House
    Southernmost opens with a devastating flood in Cumberland Valley, Tennessee. Could it be divine ...
  • Book Jacket: Fake Like Me
    Fake Like Me
    by Barbara Bourland
    After years of trying to make it as a painter in New York City, the unnamed narrator of Fake Like Me...
  • Book Jacket: Hungry
    Hungry
    by Jeff Gordinier
    Noma, René Redzepi's restaurant in Copenhagen, Denmark, has widely been considered among the ...

Beirut Hellfire Society
    by Rawi Hage

A searing and visionary novel set in 1970s Beirut that asks what it means to live through war.

The Last List of Miss Judith Kratt
    by Andrea Bobotis

A thoughtful and quintessentially Southern debut that unfolds like a magnolia.

Book Club
The Guest Book
by Sarah Blake

"An American epic in the truest sense…"
Entertainment Weekly

Win In the Full Light of the Sun

New from Clare Clark!

"Evocative prose and excellent pacing make this fine historical a must-read for art history buffs."
- Publishers Weekly