MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on False Memory, plus links to write your own review.

by Dean Koontz

Dec 1999, 640 pages
    Jan 2001, 640 pages

There are currently 31 reader reviews for False Memory

Tara (10/17/11)

Very Good!
Just read my first Dean Koontz book. I was amazed at how great it was! The twists and turns, and don't forget the ending. Who knew, right? I definitely will be reading more of his books. They are great, and worth reading.
Sky (10/05/11)

Great Book-Must Read
As a fan of Koontz for over 10 years, I highly recommend this book..the twists and suspense throughout the story had me reading well into the night wanting to see what would happen next to the characters..The relationship between Skeet and Dusty is one that we should all be so lucky to have with our siblings..and Martie seemed like the rock that these two brothers depended on to find their way back to sanity. After closing this book, I am off to find my next Koontz book.
Nargis (08/23/11)

False Memory
In the beginning I really enjoyed reading the book, but then I started to get weary and tedious. It was stretched out and I almost begin to skip pages in order to get to the plot. Overall the reading was good.
Gail (01/18/11)

boring
I found it extremely boring, he drones on and on with his descriptions and goes to far with the "witty banter" between characters. I liked the story line and plot, but was bored silly with the filler. This is my first Koontz book, so I am hoping this isn't his norm. I will try one more just to give him another chance.
Emily (10/11/10)

Oh my God.
Three words to describe how I feel about this book: Oh, my, and gosh. So entertaining; I literally had trouble putting the book down. I'm not even kidding when I say that there were multiple times while reading that I uttered... no, yelled, certain expletives in sheer horror and shock and, well, entertainment! I was glued to every word (actually, I'll admit sometimes my eyes wandered down to the next paragraph just from anticipation. Hahaha.) It was all a big movie playing in my head - comparable to the recent film "Inception" which was also another "Oh my gosh" moment for me. My only complaint: Martie doesn't seem like she'd have black hair, silly! I always pictured her with a medium brown with a reddish tint in the sunlight. :) Love Skeet and Dusty, by the way.
charles (09/09/10)

Descriptive much?
Dean Koontz is too descriptive. nuff said. Good book, good plot, too much in between. Same with all his others books, like Seize the Night, which was horrible.
Amanda (05/19/10)

omg
I loved this book so much like wow. I made all my friends read it! This has to be one of my favorite books of all time. Not even kidding omg.
James (09/18/09)

ok, i guess.
My opinion differs from the others on here.
I thought it was very slow starting up. Its an ok book. But after over 700 pages I was glad it was over. koontz is very good at being descriptive but overdoes it here every chance he gets.

• Book Jacket: Girl in the Blue Coat
    Girl in the Blue Coat
    by Monica Hesse
    Set in Amsterdam in January 1943, Monica Hesse's young adult novel, Girl in the Blue Coat, ...
  • Book Jacket: Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    by Chris Cleave
    I've always been interested in the history of the Blitz, the period of intense aerial raids of ...
  • Book Jacket: Saving Montgomery Sole
    Saving Montgomery Sole
    by Mariko Tamaki
    Understanding identity is one the most important parts of adolescence. For some teenagers, those who...
Win The 100 Year Miracle

50 Copies to Give Away!

The 100 Year Miracle is a rich, enthralling novel, full of great characters.

The Fair Fight
by Anna Freeman

A page-turning novel set in the world of 18th century female pugilists.

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper
    by Phaedra Patrick

In a poignant and sparkling debut, a lovable widower embarks on a life-changing adventure.

I I A Sign O T T