Reader reviews and comments on False Memory, plus links to write your own review.

False Memory

Jan 2001, 640 pages

There are currently 32 reader reviews for False Memory

vanessa

A great read
I wasn't too impressed when I started reading this book as the first couple of hundred pages seemed to go nowhere, but soon enough I got hooked. It is one of those books that you can't put down and when you do, all you can think about is what will happen next. A very entertaining plot and a satisfying ending. I'm 14 now, but when I first read it I was 12, so it is enjoyable for even younger readers, but older readers will too be enthralled.
Nargis

False Memory
In the beginning I really enjoyed reading the book, but then I started to get weary and tedious. It was stretched out and I almost begin to skip pages in order to get to the plot. Overall the reading was good.
James

ok, i guess.
My opinion differs from the others on here.
I thought it was very slow starting up. Its an ok book. But after over 700 pages I was glad it was over. koontz is very good at being descriptive but overdoes it here every chance he gets.
Gail

boring
I found it extremely boring, he drones on and on with his descriptions and goes to far with the "witty banter" between characters. I liked the story line and plot, but was bored silly with the filler. This is my first Koontz book, so I am hoping this isn't his norm. I will try one more just to give him another chance.
charles

Descriptive much?
Dean Koontz is too descriptive. nuff said. Good book, good plot, too much in between. Same with all his others books, like Seize the Night, which was horrible.
Carolina Kluft

THis book is poor and not good at all I hate it so much

R. Stinson
False Memory is one of the best Dean Koontz books. It takes you down a road and twists into a deep plot that no one could predict. I am an avid reader and this is one of the best books I have ever experienced. You will not be able to put it down because the characters become a part of your life. It deals with how easily a mind can be manipulated and how simply someone can control you without your knowledge. It does get a little grisly but is perfect for conveying real truths. Koontz ties in a number of modern, current issues and people which only enhances the realisticness of it. I highly recommend this book.

Delliott
Don't be misled by the title of the book. Very little of the book deals with autophobia. I was hoping to read about this persons autophobia and what happens to them over time but it's just a small set-up for the main plot line of the book. It wasn't what I was expecting when I bought the book and I was a little disappointed.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Caste
    Caste
    by Isabel Wilkerson
    In 2020, the word "racist" remains taboo. Conceptually, racism is so culturally unacceptable, so ...
  • Book Jacket: The Deepest South of All
    The Deepest South of All
    by Richard Grant
    Author Richard Grant frequently uses his wanderlust to explore diverse stories that create a complex...
  • Book Jacket: Piranesi
    Piranesi
    by Susanna Clarke
    Our First Impressions readers were delighted with this speculative novel by Susanna Clarke, her ...
  • Book Jacket: The Bell in the Lake
    The Bell in the Lake
    by Lars Mytting
    A legend from Lars Mytting's Norwegian hometown tells of two centuries-old church bells that, like ...

The Blind Light
    by Stuart Evers

A multigenerational story about two families bound together by the tides of history.

The Exiles
by Christina Baker Kline

Win Agent Sonya

Agent Sonya: Moscow's Most Daring Wartime Spy

Master storyteller Ben Macintyre tells the true story behind the Cold War's most intrepid female spy.

I I M B T Give T T R