What readers think of The Brethren, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Oct 2000, 366 pages

There are currently 37 reader reviews for The Brethren

Palesa Mpuru

Funny
It was a very good read indeed, interesting and very realistic as your mind gets glued to the book. Very funny in other episodes of the book and brilliant. The end was somehow less flattering when compared to the whole book itself, but it leaves you laughing even at yourself for being so inquisitive.
silver-o

so far the best

This was a page turner for me. I could not put it down! It was as tantalizing as 'The Testament'. 'The Brethren' is my second favorite Grisham novel (following 'Testament') and I will even read it again someday.
mastermind

book was good, I agree did not give any names, but good reading. If anyone like drama and groups, there is one that is all about the DIXIE MAFIA and familes of STATE LINE MAFIA and their familes you can meet and talk to its in yahoo groups under police and law , they call it littlechicago its all one word. It is most interesting as the book about DIXIE MAFIA was in the book. I think this is their forum try this if anone is interested in joining a group of mafia family reading, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/littlechicago try that and see if that works, GREAT BOOK AND GOOD READING.
Daniel Shishko

Interesting that Grisham based the whole story on a scam that was carried out by some of the worst of the "Dixie Mafia" and yet he never gives their names or connection with the Mob. GREAT READING, and a Brilliant look into how the Criminal mind works while left with HOURS of time and nothing creative to do with it.
Amber-Leigh

This novel was so good that I read it agian. I really enjoyed how he empahzised the legal system. Also I loved how he showed what could happen if any scam gets out of hand.
Phililp "Grishamnfan"

This is an excellent book. I loved it through the very end, loved it, totally :)
Jay-Jay

This book rocked! "The Brethren" was the first John Grisham book I ever read and it got me hooked. I wish they would make this book into a movie instead of "The Runaway Jury" I loved reading about judges in jail. That was the part that got me to read this book. I've read it three times already and I'm reading Grisham's latest "The King Of Torts".

Join BookBrowse

for a year of great reading
about exceptional books!

• Book Jacket: North Woods
    North Woods
    by Daniel Mason
    "History haunts him who does not honor it." This incidental line from Daniel Mason's North Woods ...
    One Puzzling Afternoon
    by Emily Critchley
    While British author Emily Critchley's graceful novel One Puzzling Afternoon is about cognitive ...
  • Book Jacket: A Haunting in Hialeah Gardens
    A Haunting in Hialeah Gardens
    by Raul Palma
    Raul Palma's debut novel A Haunting in Hialeah Gardens introduces Hugo Contreras, who came to the ...
  • Book Jacket: California Golden
    California Golden
    by Melanie Benjamin
    As in her other work, Melanie Benjamin brings her historical novel California Golden to life through...

BookBrowse Book Club

Lucy by the Sea
by Elizabeth Strout
A poignant, pitch-perfect novel from Pulitzer Prize–winning, #1 New York Times bestselling author Elizabeth Strout.

Members Recommend

The Roaring Days of Zora Lily
    by Noelle Salazar

A glittering novel of family, love, ambition, and self discovery by the bestselling author of The Flight Girls.

Alfie and Me
    by Carl Safina

A moving account of raising, then freeing, an orphaned screech owl. Three starred reviews!

A library, to modify the famous metaphor of Socrates, should be the delivery room for the birth of ideas--a place ...

One N U G