Reader reviews and comments on A Golden Age, plus links to write your own review.

by Tahmima Anam

A Golden Age by Tahmima Anam

Jan 2008, 288 pages
    Jan 2009, 304 pages

Stacey Brownlie

There are currently 18 reader reviews for A Golden Age

Jack (01/10/08)

A Golden Age
Interesting book worth a read at a time when people should attempt to understand other peoples cultures. About Bangladesh's separation from Pakistan, of a widow's maternal instincts to her children and a brutal war in which they are all involved. Although fiction, it raises many questions of everyday living. It is written in the English of a bygone empire and gives a good chance for the reader to learn what unusual phrasing mean.
Power Reviewer Doris (01/10/08)

A Golden Age
I enjoyed reading A Golden Age. The author did an excellent job of telling a family story, particularly of a mother's devotion to her children. This was told in the midst of the creation of the country of Bangladesh. I knew very little of the history of this country, and found it interesting in this context. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in historical fiction.

The Hermit
    by Jennifer Finney Boylan

Win News of the World

The Gypsy Moth Summer
    by Julia Fierro

One of the most anticipated books of 2017.

T's S I Numbers