What readers think of Marley & Me, plus links to write your own review.

Marley & Me

Mar 2008, 320 pages

There are currently 43 reader reviews for Marley & Me

Mari

really excellent !
O LIVRO É ÓTIMO! EMOCIONANTE, ENGRAÇADO, IMPRESSIONANTE!
Jennie

A Teens View
The second I picked up this book I knew I had to read it. I read a lot and for me to just pick up a book and just walk right to the cashier is really amazing. Jogn Grogan really shows his passion for his dog and his memories are expressed deeply(this really caught my attention). The way John describes the times he spent with Marley is powerful. I thought this book was great and I would read it again any day!!!!! =]
Carly

a spectaular book, couldnt put it down.
Honestly my favorite book. I went through the same things the Grogans did. i would recommend this book to anyone it is amzing.

A must read that is for sure.
Michael Gish

Marley and Me...and
Easy to be a voyeur of the heart in reading this book of the dog life of Marley...Maudlin as "Kirkus Reviews" suggests...still this book is a reminder of the kinder side of humanity...I'm convinced "Kirkus" must've been a cat in his/her other life...You don't have to own a dog to appreciate the joy of experiencing life with one...dogs are the most "Zen-like" of all species certainly more so than humans...dogs; live in the moment, have no hidden agenda, guilt or worry...forgive and love unconditionally...if we as humans were more dog like, sincere, honest and eternally loving...we wouldn't need attorneys or armies...territorial they may be...they just pee on the tree to proclaim ownership not occupy, bomb or other destroy it in the name ownership...given the current political backdrop "dogs" would lend credibility and honesty to our Government compared to any of the fodder being offered by the Democratic or Republican party all of whom misrepresent the benefits of Lobotomies...read Marley..you'll be the better for it!.....this book will bruise your heart but in a feel-good way!
Judy B

Marley & Me
I just finished this book. I grew up with dogs and cats and although I love both, only have 2 cats now. I actually laughted out loud at several places in the book and cried wholeheartely as well. My 18 lb cat waddled into my lap during the crying part, telling me it would all be ok. What a great story. John Grogan is a wonderful writer and I only have one question for him, did they rescue "Lucky" ?
Sharon

Great book
I picked up the book and could not put it down. Any dog or aminal lover will enjoy this book. I tells the real story of living with a dog and the love that will form. It teaches that love is unconditional, you'll laugh and cry. My daughter, 24, also read this book from cover to cover and she is not a reader. Marley sounds like he was an entertaining dog. I would recommend this book highly
S.L.B.

Excellent book!
I saw this book at the libary,checked it out and bought it home and only planned to read like a chapter a day! man! I couldn't wait to read this book! It's a wonderful,heartfelt book on the relationship of man with his/her pet. It's a book that's warm,funny,sad at times but still warm in your heart.
Animal lovers everywhere will love this book and I think that maybe the ones who don't love animals should read this book.
There is life in this book that you don't feel with many,bravo to John Grogan.
vicki

wonderful
Anyone who is an animal lover (no matter what type) will appreciate this warm and compassionate true tale of a marvelous dog, and his equally marvelous family.

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Killing Hills
    The Killing Hills
    by Chris Offutt
    The personified hills of the novel's title foreshadow the mood of this brooding and ominous tale. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Vixen
    The Vixen
    by Francine Prose
    Recent Harvard graduate Simon Putnam has been rejected from grad school and has thus returned to his...
  • Book Jacket: How the Word Is Passed
    How the Word Is Passed
    by Clint Smith
    With legislatures around the U.S. rushing to ban the teaching of critical race theory, it's clear ...
  • Book Jacket: Big Vape
    Big Vape
    by Jamie Ducharme
    In Big Vape, TIME reporter Jamie Ducharme studies the short but inflammatory history of Juul. Her ...

All the Little Hopes
by Leah Weiss
A Southern story of friendship forged by books and bees, in the murky shadows of World War II.

The Temple House Vanishing
    by Rachel Donohue

A modern gothic page-turner set in a Victorian mansion in Ireland.

The Forest of Vanishing Stars
    by Kristin Harmel

An evocative coming-of-age World War II story from the author of The Book of Lost Names.

Win This Book!
Win Gordo

Gordo by Jaime Cortez

"Dark and hilarious ... singular and soaring ... Hands down, top debut of 2021."—Literary Hub

N Say N