What readers think of Marley & Me, plus links to write your own review.

Marley & Me

Mar 2008, 320 pages

There are currently 43 reader reviews for Marley & Me

Olivia- Animal lover

A-maz-ing!
A light-hearted true story that will make you laugh and cry out loud. If you don't read this book you are missing out on a great written novel. Anyone who has had animals in their life will understand that the unexpected will happen and Marley will prove this is true. I think I might name my next dog Marley after this unbelievable book so i can always remember it. Thank-you John Grogan you are an awesome writer.
Deborah Bitzer

Till Your Hearts Content
Being an animal lover since childhood and raised with dog, cats, rabbits and the tiny creatures like gerbils, I found the reading exceptionally easy and flowing and got through the book in two days. Strangely enough, everything is very well mapped out emotionally to our heart strings and the intellect,, the family, the antics of Marley, the reactions of family members to it all. It takes a lot of great talent to weave a story like this without sounding maudlin, or reminding us too hard of yet another Lassie Come Home drama. Anyone who has had animals in their home can relate to the fact that the unexpected is going to happen, worrying is part of the game, and then wondering what to do about it can be trying at best. We love our animals to a fault and know that they can't talk it out with us as to why things happen. It definitely is a good feel book,light-hearted yet totally upfront and true. We thank John Grogan for this wonderful masterpiece
Kayla

Marley and Me
The book was really cute. I can relate really well because i have a Black Lab and she is very funny and bad, but if we didn't have her my life would be meaningless. She gets in the trash, opens cupboards, and gets bowls out of the sink. I think was really sad at the end because I could never imagine being in that position with my dog. I also seen the movie. That was really adorable.
Nicole

best book in the world
This is the best book ever written. The entire time I was reading it I was laughing out loud, and at the end I was crying. I would sit up late reading it, sometimes for a good laugh after a hard day, and sometimes while I just needed time to think and remember some of the greatest memories in my life time. Thank you John Grogan for writing such a terrific novel.
Three WestieBabies

Marley and Me
As a dog lover I have a natural affinity for books about dogs but this book moved me in such a way, if I see someone with a copy of it, normally shy, I will walk right up to them and begin discussing it with them. And I've never been rebuffed. I laughed so hard, I cried even harder. It really is one fabulous book.
stephiethecutie

Great Book
This book was one of the funniest books I have ever read. It is amazing to think that the cute thing you snuggle with every night can do the kind of stuff that Marley did - jumping out of the car window on the interstate, tearing apart the couch - how did that dog think of those things?
Luz

An amazing book!
I had to pick a book for class book report off a list and the one I picked was this book. At first I thought "oh great another boring book to read", well I was definitely wrong.
This book made me laugh so many times, even when I was reading in class I would laugh out loud and my teacher would get mad at me. But then other times I cried (actually about 3 times, and one time in Spanish class). This book shows the love, the strength, the determination, and the hope they had for such a horrible but such a lovable dog. all the funny, embarrassing, and sad stories show the intelligence of an animal especially this dog. Sometimes you may even relate your dog to Marley in the book and others you just hope that they wont happen to you. I just couldn't believe I would like a book so much.
I would recomend this book to anyone who has not yet read it because you find that you too will be deeply fond of it =]. the writer, John Grogan, writes this book in a way you will be drawn to it 24/7 just like I was.
A student

Marley and me
This book is an amazing story between an owner and his dog. John Grogan has written his best book yet with Marley and me and I hope he releases a sequel!!!

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: How the Word Is Passed
    How the Word Is Passed
    by Clint Smith
    With legislatures around the U.S. rushing to ban the teaching of critical race theory, it's clear ...
  • Book Jacket: Big Vape
    Big Vape
    by Jamie Ducharme
    In Big Vape, TIME reporter Jamie Ducharme studies the short but inflammatory history of Juul. Her ...
  • Book Jacket: Love and Fury
    Love and Fury
    by Samantha Silva
    Mary Wollstonecraft is best known for being an early advocate for women's rights and the mother of ...
  • Book Jacket: Walking on Cowrie Shells
    Walking on Cowrie Shells
    by Nana Nkweti
    The stories in Nana Nkweti's dexterous debut collection examine the raw alienation of being ...

The War Nurse
by Tracey Enerson Wood
A sweeping novel by an international bestselling author based on a true World War I story.

Lady Sunshine
    by Amy Mason Doan

One iconic family. One summer of secrets. The dazzling spirit of 1970s California.

The Forest of Vanishing Stars
    by Kristin Harmel

An evocative coming-of-age World War II story from the author of The Book of Lost Names.

Win This Book!
Win Gordo

Gordo by Jaime Cortez

"Dark and hilarious ... singular and soaring ... Hands down, top debut of 2021."—Literary Hub

N Say N