Reader reviews and comments on The Penderwicks, plus links to write your own review.

A Summer Tale of Four Sisters, Two Rabbits, and a Very Interesting Boy

by Jeanne Birdsall

The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall

Jun 2005, 272 pages
    Mar 2007, 272 pages

There are currently 20 reader reviews for The Penderwicks

J (08/15/09)

Touched
I just finished the sequel to this book. I am absolutely touched. The ending almost made me cry.
Aaralyn (04/01/09)

The Penderwicks
I love this book! My favorite characters are Rosalind, Jeffrey, and (if you've read the sequel) Tommy. These book sung at just about all of your emotions, and I think that's why I like them. It has an awesome story and fun characters. YOU'VE GOTTA READ THIS!!!
Jamie (10/11/08)

Oct. 11, 2008
I LOVE the book!! It is the best book ever! She uses lots of description and lots of dialogue-two almost impossible things to put together. My favorite character is Skye, because she is so-I don't know! Crazy? Adventurous? If you haven't read this book (or it's sequel), you're REALLY missing out. The girls going on a summer vacation to a place with a-I can't tell you what-can only mean trouble. I can't wait till her 3rd Penderwick book comes out! I read on he website (www.jeannebirdsall.com) that she plans to write FIVE!!!!!!!
Abby (06/11/08)

Love it!
I love her books! They're so creative and funny! I can't wait until the next books come out!
Jenny T. (05/18/08)

Penderwicks is a Must-Read
The Penderwicks hooks you into the story from the very beginning and keeps you tight in till the end. This book is so fun to read, you'll want to stop everything and read! Jeanne Birdsall knows just how to write so everyone enjoys it. If you haven't already, read the Penderwicks.
Rikki (05/12/08)

I love The Penderwicks!
The Penderwicks was the greatest book I have ever read! My best friend and I read it and we became completely obsessed with the Penderwicks. My favorite character is Batty because she is so cute and innocent. I loved this story so much!
Edie (01/28/08)

THE BEST BOOK EVA!!!
This book is the best book in the world! I love it. My favorite character is Skye because she looks like me! The story line is excellent. It is engaging and funny and the best part, you can read it over and over and never get bored of it!
Luara (06/07/07)

Sequel
This book is amazing. If you haven't read it yet, you don't know what your missing. It is a heart warming tale of four sisters who are on vacation. They fall upon Jefforey Tifton, the one who really starts their adventures. Note to Jeanne Birdsall: Please please write a sequel! I love The Penderwicks and it is a book that BEGS for a sequel. I wish there was a little more romance between Skye and Jefforey. PLease make a sequel. I will die If I don't here more of the Penderwicks! Be proud to make "The Penderwick's Summer" or "The Penderwicks long awaited Summer"! Please Please Please!! You are an amazing author and a sequel to The Penderwicks would sell so fast - I would buy a 72 copies to give to my grandchildren like I did with "The Penderwicks" (Literally) when I become a grandmother and I will read the book 17 times like I did with "The Penderwicks"! Please! i beg on bended knee...and await the book...

Discover your next great read here

The One-in-a-Million Boy
by Monica Wood

The Garden of Small Beginnings
    by Abbi Waxman

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.

Y S M B, I'll S Y