Reader reviews and comments on The Penderwicks, plus links to write your own review.

The Penderwicks

Jun 2005, 272 pages
    Mar 2007, 272 pages

There are currently 20 reader reviews for The Penderwicks

Angelica (05/02/07)

The Penderwicks_ a summer tale of four sisters two rabbits and a very interesting boy
The Book is fantastic! I loved it 100%
My favorite character was Skye!!!
And her black and orange butterfly wing.
Claire (02/15/07)

Awesome!
This book is very well-written and has lots of description in it. I loved how it was witty, yet funny and entertaining. And if Ms. Birdsall reads this, I would definitely read a sequel to this book. Please write one!
Annalisa (11/04/06)

The Penderwicks-More than Amazing
I recommend this book to anyone. This book is more than wonderful it's actually way past wonderful. In this book there was laughter, sadness, and just enough details that I could be Rosalind, Skye, or any other character. When I read it I could just imagine the whole book in my head like a movie.

I absolutely couldn't put it down. This is a work of pure genius and I hope every one gets to read it someday.
Ann (11/02/06)

The Penderwicks
I really enjoyed this old-fashioned story. I liked the humor and the innocence in the book. Even though it seems old-fashioned, the story is set in the present time and in this day and age, I am surprised Jean Birdsall would have the sisters saying that they were going to "murder" one another. There are quite a few references to that effect and I found it disturbing, especially since we as a society are so sensitive to this sort of talk.

In future books, I would like to see that eliminated. Can't she find other words, such as "I'm going to get you" or some other benign threat instead of "Go away or I'll kill you." (page 121) It's such a lovely and touching story but these things ruin it for me. Does anyone else feel this way?

• Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...
  • Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...

History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund