MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on 13 Little Blue Envelopes, plus links to write your own review.

13 Little Blue Envelopes

by Maureen Johnson

13 Little Blue Envelopes

Sep 2005, 317 pages
    Oct 2006, 318 pages

There are currently 39 reader reviews for 13 Little Blue Envelopes

ali (05/18/10)

13 little blue envelopes
This book shows that even a shy person can go on a journey and return home a different person.
Tasbi (09/16/09)

Great Book
I loved this book. I think that if anybody is looking for a short but page-turning book to curl up in a chair with this is it. I got so caught up in the Ginnys feelings and thoughts.
Brianna (07/22/09)

13 little blue envelopes
It is a great book! I loved it.
Marinna (05/14/09)

Beautiful
This book was a quick read. I was immediately absorbed into Ginny's life. It's like I was her long lost friend who just came along for the ride. All of it clicked into place one little puzzle piece at a time during this book for me. Perhaps rather adventurous and probably not something you would do in real life, but that's called the willing suspension of disbelief and Johnson worked that well in this book. Perfect for the Middle School-High School level girl. This book is very easy to relate to and has the same flavor as The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Wonderful.
Emma C.K. (01/22/09)

13 little blue envolpes
I like the book but the ending surprised me a little, one what happens with her and Kieth, and two what else does she do with the money? There should be a second book to wrap it up.
Sam (10/26/08)

Awesome
This book is really awesome and I would read it over and over again and I would recomend it to everyone!
Samantha Solomon (11/27/07)

Made Me Smile
This book was FANTASTIC. Not because it made a lot of sense, but because it made me happy, hopeful, and wanting more. I fully enjoyed this book, because I wanted to be where Ginny was, every step of the way.
Jennifer Ann (09/15/07)

Confusing for some?
This book might be confusing for the littler kids but as a teenager I quite enjoyed this book. The adventure that Ginny takes you through is magical and makes you want to experience a journey such as hers.

• Book Jacket: Saving Montgomery Sole
    Saving Montgomery Sole
    by Mariko Tamaki
    Understanding identity is one the most important parts of adolescence. For some teenagers, those who...
  • Book Jacket: All Tomorrow's Parties
    All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
  • Book Jacket: The Never-Open Desert Diner
    The Never-Open Desert Diner
    by James Anderson
    James Anderson's debut novel, The Never-Open Desert Diner, starts off as an entertaining ...
Win The 100 Year Miracle

50 Copies to Give Away!

The 100 Year Miracle is a rich, enthralling novel, full of great characters.

The Fair Fight
by Anna Freeman

A page-turning novel set in the world of 18th century female pugilists.

The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper
    by Phaedra Patrick

In a poignant and sparkling debut, a lovable widower embarks on a life-changing adventure.

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

I I A Sign O T T