MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on 13 Little Blue Envelopes, plus links to write your own review.

13 Little Blue Envelopes

by Maureen Johnson

13 Little Blue Envelopes

Sep 2005, 317 pages
    Oct 2006, 318 pages

There are currently 39 reader reviews for 13 Little Blue Envelopes

ali (05/18/10)

13 little blue envelopes
This book shows that even a shy person can go on a journey and return home a different person.
Tasbi (09/16/09)

Great Book
I loved this book. I think that if anybody is looking for a short but page-turning book to curl up in a chair with this is it. I got so caught up in the Ginnys feelings and thoughts.
Brianna (07/22/09)

13 little blue envelopes
It is a great book! I loved it.
Marinna (05/14/09)

Beautiful
This book was a quick read. I was immediately absorbed into Ginny's life. It's like I was her long lost friend who just came along for the ride. All of it clicked into place one little puzzle piece at a time during this book for me. Perhaps rather adventurous and probably not something you would do in real life, but that's called the willing suspension of disbelief and Johnson worked that well in this book. Perfect for the Middle School-High School level girl. This book is very easy to relate to and has the same flavor as The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Wonderful.
Emma C.K. (01/22/09)

13 little blue envolpes
I like the book but the ending surprised me a little, one what happens with her and Kieth, and two what else does she do with the money? There should be a second book to wrap it up.
Sam (10/26/08)

Awesome
This book is really awesome and I would read it over and over again and I would recomend it to everyone!
Samantha Solomon (11/27/07)

Made Me Smile
This book was FANTASTIC. Not because it made a lot of sense, but because it made me happy, hopeful, and wanting more. I fully enjoyed this book, because I wanted to be where Ginny was, every step of the way.
Jennifer Ann (09/15/07)

Confusing for some?
This book might be confusing for the littler kids but as a teenager I quite enjoyed this book. The adventure that Ginny takes you through is magical and makes you want to experience a journey such as hers.

• Book Jacket: The North Water
    The North Water
    by Ian McGuire
    In early 1859 the crew of the Volunteer, a Greenland-bound whaler, is making the most of the last ...
  • Book Jacket: City of Secrets
    City of Secrets
    by Stewart O'Nan
    In his new novel, City of Secrets, Stewart O'Nan spins a tale of espionage and intrigue as ...
  • Book Jacket: The Atomic Weight of Love
    The Atomic Weight of Love
    by Elizabeth Church
    A prologue set in 2011 introduces readers to this novel's unforgettable narrator. Meridian ...

The Children
    by Ann Leary

With remarkable wit and insight, Ann Leary pulls back the curtain on one blended family.

Win The Weekenders

The Perfect Summer Escape!

Told with Mary Kay Andrews' trademark blend of humor and warmth.

Girl Waits with Gun