Reader reviews and comments on The Historian, plus links to write your own review.

The Historian

Oct 2006, 688 pages

There are currently 70 reader reviews for The Historian

Judy R (06/25/10)

THE HISTORIAN
This was a book club pick. Dracula! Creepy!! But.... when I got into it I found it hypnotic and finished it in 2 days. The historical aspect of Dracula was fascinating. It was hard to believe it came from actual letters/events but in reading the acknowledgments some of the people were given credit. This would be a great movie.
Apollo (06/03/10)

An awesome book
I came across this book unexpectently and finished it in two days tops - the book's really great
Megan M. (03/24/10)

Almost Done But Love It
I actually have not finished this book. It sounds bad since I have already given this book a 5 out of 5 but it seems great. I only have 200 pages left but the 700 I have read have been FANTASMICAL! I came across this book unexpectedly. I was just browsing through the base ,crappy, library and I saw something that said "The Historian". I love history and the cover was mystifying so I looked at it. I actually had no idea it had anything to do with vampires, although I do love a good vampire book. ----blah blah blah. Enough of that said. But this book is really good. I can't believe people have rated this book under a 3! The only reason you want to put this book down is to get a grip of yourself. You are like, "o.m.g. this book is opening up my eyes in a whole new way, and it's kind of scaring me too." I almost actually put the book in the freezer once I looked online at what Vlad looked like.. brr....still getting goosebumps. But yeah! Read it!
But you don't have to take it from me...I'm "just a 13 year old who doesn't understand literature"
well, PEACE
Cynthia (11/25/09)

A must Read
I found this book in a second hand store in 2008. I finally got around to reading it and it is such a good book. I could not put it down. I was so drawn in by this book.
ora pihema (11/04/09)

the historian
A gripping and fascinating adventure of one young girl's obsession with knowing who her parents really were/are. The delving into the idea of Dracula as a modern day belief so early on in the book, initially can make the reader skeptical; however, I felt the execution (excuse the pun) of it was indeed intoxicating. I especially loved the lesser character of the mother`s mother, the reader gets a sense of organic narrative as though we are sitting down at her humble kitchen table, and being told a story, that although is as old as humanity, we can't help listening to again. A love story.
The seductiveness as we meander our way across Eastern Europe, untainted and untouched by lack of language and passports, the characters obviously possessing a magic about them that amplifies as they near their crescendo into Dracula`s lair.
But also the labyrinth from which the story unfolds, the present with the past, truth from fiction and fantasy with narrative, entwines itself by leaving the reader asking: Could it be true? and if not, why not?
Steven MacComas (07/30/09)

Very engaging read
Excellent story line. I would compare this work to the writing of Anne Rice without all the gay stuff. Excellent blend of history and fiction. A must read for the legion of vampire lovers out there.
Carol Kirk (05/02/09)

Excellent
I've read a couple of the negative reviews and have wondered if they and I have read the same book! Yes, nothing too dastardly BUT what a read, I couldn't put it down. it was interesting and gripping, the historical references good and the story that only the imagination could only put in between the lines. I love a read that sets the imagination going, to me its the sign of a truly good story teller. An excellent read, I thoroughly recommend it!
Dani California (04/21/09)

Amazing!!!
I loved this book! I was extremely interested from the beginning and I enjoyed every minute of reading it!

• Book Jacket: I Found My Tribe

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes