We are proud to announce that BookBrowse has won Platinum in the 2024 Modern Library Awards.

What readers think of Magyk, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reading Guide |  Reviews |  Beyond the book |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Magyk

Mar 2006, 592 pages

There are currently 35 reader reviews for Magyk

Nathaniel

overrated
This book wasn't worth the read, the language was poorly written, and hasn't anyone noticed that every single time a person needs something they get it? like the when the need a boat they just happened to accidentally touch a picture that gives them a boat, and with boy 412 in the burrow he was cold and he just happened to find a ring that kept him warm? And what's with spelling all the words wrong just to make it look cool?
MIXMASTERQ

magyk series review
I think that the book is dull, not enough action.It never put me in suspense. I have read the other books from this series and I do not like those either.Overall I think it should not have been published.
Joe

BORED ME
I like normal medieval books knights and dragons you get the picture but I couldn't read this book for the life of me!

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: Wild and Distant Seas
    Wild and Distant Seas
    by Tara Karr Roberts
    Tara Karr Roberts is a newspaper columnist who also teaches English and journalism. Wild and Distant...
  • Book Jacket: The Djinn Waits a Hundred Years
    The Djinn Waits a Hundred Years
    by Shubnum Khan
    Shubnum Khan's eloquent and moving debut novel opens in 1932, when a djinn that haunts a house by ...
  • Book Jacket: Transient and Strange
    Transient and Strange
    by Nell Greenfieldboyce
    Throughout her powerful essay collection, Transient and Strange, science reporter Nell ...
  • Book Jacket: Prophet Song
    Prophet Song
    by Paul Lynch
    Paul Lynch's 2023 Booker Prize–winning Prophet Song is a speedboat of a novel that hurtles...

BookBrowse Book Club

Mockingbird Summer
by Lynda Rutledge
A powerful and emotional coming-of-age novel set in the 1960s by the bestselling author of West with Giraffes.

Members Recommend

The Adversary
    by Michael Crummey

An enthralling novel about a small town struggling to survive, and a bitter vendetta between two rivals.

Strong Passions
    by Barbara Weisberg

Shocking revelations of a wife's adultery in 19th New York explode in an incendiary trial exposing the upper-crust and its secrets.

Win This Book
Win The Cleaner

The Cleaner
by Brandi Wells

Rarely has cubicle culture been depicted in such griminess or with such glee."
PW (starred review)