MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Magyk, plus links to write your own review.

Septimus Heap Book 1

by Angie Sage

Magyk by Angie Sage X
Magyk by Angie Sage

Mar 2005, 576 pages
    Mar 2006, 592 pages

There are currently 35 reader reviews for Magyk

omg ttly lved the book (age 11)

wish it had a higher rating for the book magyk
honestly, i have read countless amounts of books in my life. I read the first harry potter book in 1 or 2 grade. This truley was the best book i have read in my life. i can not think of ny book that even came close to being better than this. my personal rating on a 1-10 scale with 10 being best would be a 100. I could not stop reading the second i started, it took me a while but i finnished and read it twice it was so good. I have also read flyte wich is amazing and i can not wait for the third book to come out, and when it does, i want to be the first to get it and finnish it so i can solve all the mysteries before anyone else. and i have to say, agie did an extraordinary job on writing the book and making you want to read non stop until you finnish it. i also think that any of her other books would be spectacular (i have not found any outher books but they probably would be amazingly detailed and describtive). The way she describes everyone is amazing and how they have unique and surprising abilitys and personalitys is truly spectaular. I would recamend this book to any one that can read and appretiates a great book would encorage others to read it. Like i said befor, BEST BOOK I READ IN MY ENTIRE LIFE AND PROBABLY ALWAYS WILL BE!
Renee

Magyk
I bought this book for my 11 year old daughter. She enjoyed it so much I read it myself. I couldn't put it down! A very enjoyable read. I will be going out tomorrow to buy Flyte. I disagree about the 9-12 age rating. I would recomend this book for ages 9 + and leave it at that.
getti

Magyk
As an adult teaching in Primary school I am always on the lookout for new books to encourage younger reluctant readers to get the reading bug. I just loved it and so did many of the children I introduced it to especially the boys (11-12 years) Can't wait for the next instalment
Emma

(age 14)
This book was very exciting, it grips you, you want to just keep reading, the end makes you want to run out and get the next one. Ms. Sage has written this book very well. When I was done reading, I just wanted more.
Cassie

I really looooove this book!
This book was incredible and I loved it except for all the character building in the story. I hate character building, but otherwise Magyk was exceptional and everyone should read it. Even basic readers because this book was kind of basic and not so advanced for readers like me.
Sarah

Magyk
this book opened up doors in my head that i didnt even know i had; this is the BEST book ever and im not to much into reading. Put this on your MUST read list. I cant wait till the second book comes out.
Larissa

I loved it! (age 14)
Magyk is a thrilling novel filled with pages and pages of never ending exitement! It is one of those books that you can never put down. The mystery within the story has many smaller mysteries within it, and i think that Angie Sage did and exceptional job! Can't wait for the nnext book to come out!
jane

Magyk
excellent read enjoyable can't wait till next book when is this possible to know when this is being published characters were good and plot was well sorted and done

• Book Jacket: Race Against Time
    Race Against Time
    by Jerry Mitchell
    Jerry Mitchell spent nearly three decades trailing cold cases from the Civil Rights Movement. As a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Resisters
    The Resisters
    by Gish Jen
    Gish Jen's The Resisters depicts a future United States, dubbed AutoAmerica, where climate change ...
  • Book Jacket: The Mercies
    The Mercies
    by Kiran Millwood Hargrave
    It's 1617 and a violent storm has claimed the lives of 40 fishermen off the coast of Vardø, a ...
    Buried Beneath the Baobab Tree
    by Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani
    Ya Ta, the main character in Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani's novel, Buried Beneath the Baobab Tree, ...

The Mountains Sing
    by Nguyen Phan Que Mai

An enveloping, multigenerational tale set against the backdrop of the Viet Nam War.

I Want You to Know We're Still Here
    by Esther Safran Foer

"A vivid testimony to the power of memory."
    - Kirkus (starred review)

The Things They Carried
by Tim O'Brien

The classic, ground-breaking meditation on war and the redemptive power of storytelling.

Win Mostly Dead Things

Mostly Dead Things
by Kristen Arnett

"Hilarious, deeply morbid, and full of heart."
- BuzzFeed