We are proud to announce that BookBrowse has won Platinum in the 2024 Modern Library Awards.

What readers think of Magyk, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reading Guide |  Reviews |  Beyond the book |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Magyk

Mar 2006, 592 pages

There are currently 35 reader reviews for Magyk

morgan

Amazing
The first book starts you off with an amazing beginning! It gets better an better as you read along! I couldn't put the book down.
Allie Tornado

Boy 412
This was one of the best books I've ever read! I'm only in fifth grade, too! this book made me feel like everyone has magyk and they just need to show it! my fave person in MAGYK was Boy 412 (a.k.a. Septimus Heap) my fave book out of the first two was FLYTE because of Spyt-Fyre! I encourage everyone to read this series!
Alyssa

Wow
Full of magyk and wonder. Very well written and full of unpredictable surprises.
Grace

Magyk
Magyk is the best fantasy novel that I have ever read which is extremely well seeing that all I read is Magyk related. I think that it is the best book ever! I am looking forward to reading the next book.
#1 fan!!!

the 1 and only best book in the history of reading!!!
This is the best book I've ever read and I encourage Angie Sage to write more. I think that the book is creative,amazing,and a true 2 thumbs up novel!!! OBVIOUSLY IT IS MUCH BETTER THAN HARRY POTTER!!! If you have not read any of these books you are missing out on a lifetime. In conclusion...the book is a chunk of fun, fantasy, and in between them there is a sprinkle of humor!!!
Kayla

Wow
This is the best book I have read in a long time. Amazing. Absolutely astonishing, it was just great.
Katie

Flyte is the best book EVER!!
Oh my goodness this is the best book ever! I loved the first one Magyk, but Flyte was even better! who ever reads this HAS to read the book!! it is really good. Jenna and Septimus have GREAT journeys together! This book is always exciting! I AM TELLING YOU READ THE DARN BOOK!!!
Kerri Pyne

Wow!!!
Magky and flyte omg!! the brillent i love the books!! with all mystries the bossyness the bravery! everything i really can't wait for the next book to come out i hope septimus learns more spells Jenna get into more trouble and wow!! what more can i say the books are extraordinary! apsolutly brillent i finished both books in 1 day they were so intersting!!

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: Wild and Distant Seas
    Wild and Distant Seas
    by Tara Karr Roberts
    Tara Karr Roberts is a newspaper columnist who also teaches English and journalism. Wild and Distant...
  • Book Jacket: The Djinn Waits a Hundred Years
    The Djinn Waits a Hundred Years
    by Shubnum Khan
    Shubnum Khan's eloquent and moving debut novel opens in 1932, when a djinn that haunts a house by ...
  • Book Jacket: Transient and Strange
    Transient and Strange
    by Nell Greenfieldboyce
    Throughout her powerful essay collection, Transient and Strange, science reporter Nell ...
  • Book Jacket: Prophet Song
    Prophet Song
    by Paul Lynch
    Paul Lynch's 2023 Booker Prize–winning Prophet Song is a speedboat of a novel that hurtles...

BookBrowse Book Club

Mockingbird Summer
by Lynda Rutledge
A powerful and emotional coming-of-age novel set in the 1960s by the bestselling author of West with Giraffes.

Members Recommend

Leaving
    by Roxana Robinson

An engrossing exploration of the vows we make to one another and what we owe to others and ourselves.

Strong Passions
    by Barbara Weisberg

Shocking revelations of a wife's adultery in 19th New York explode in an incendiary trial exposing the upper-crust and its secrets.

Win This Book
Win The Cleaner

The Cleaner
by Brandi Wells

Rarely has cubicle culture been depicted in such griminess or with such glee."
PW (starred review)