MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Magyk, plus links to write your own review.

Magyk

Mar 2006, 592 pages

There are currently 35 reader reviews for Magyk

Gabriel Q

Great! =D
I am on the 4th book of the series and it has a enjoyable series. It captures you into the fantasy world and as I am a fan of fantasy, it has lured me in very strongly.

=D
Toni Williams

A real page turner
Magyk was a very good book. The make-believe words were a little weird and threw me off a little but otherwise it kept me picking up the book every chance I got. I recommend to everyone. I am 25 years old and I read it to help my brother with a report and I ended up enjoying it.
Ayal Oren

waiting for no. 3
Not all the ideas introduced in Magyk are original, but they all get an original twist, and that's quite a lot in my book. The chracters are realy wonderfully developed. The plot kept me going one chapter after the other. I'm starting Flyte as I write these words, and true to my title- waiting for the 3rd one to come. It was one of my best buying gambles of recent years.
zak

pretty good and im 14
even though it was for ages 9-12 i enjoyed the book. Even though it was a book that was similar to Harry Potter. I cant say anything about the book because I dont want to spoil it But maybe you can solve the mystery of septimus heap before the last page (of course I did). I wonder when the next books coming out cause I would really like to read it?
Lani

Youg reader (age 13)
This book has many exciting, wonderful, mysterious, humorous characters. The plot is wonderful with many twists and turns but is thoroughly explained. I think Angie Sage is a terrific, inspirational, imaginative writer and this book will make you want to jump off your seat, have an adventure and beg for the second book.
fantasy lover

it was just ok.
Yes you heard me right I said it was just OK. A lot of people get mad at me when I say it but to me she should have waited until Harry Potter finished. I did enjoy it though for the most part it was quiet a quick read and there wasn't a huge POINT to the whole book. And literature wise it sucked. If you want a real fantasy, read Lord of the Rings and the Dragonlance books those are good. But if you are the mild Narnia fantasy reader then you might like it.
rahul

Maybe High expectation level!
I started reading this book after finishing the Wheel of Time series till the 11th book and while I was waiting for "Towers of Midnight" to get delivered! I must say that the book is darn slow! Little exciting and way too dull :(
Candace

Where is it going?
I'm definitely a series reader. I love following characters and so I saw a pretty cover and reviews like "Move over Harry Potter" and I bought into it. I bought the first 4 books in one swipe (I read very quickly) and I am struggling to get through the first one.

The book jumps from one obstacle to the next, but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I now have about 50 pages left and I'm still wondering. What are they trying to do??? Why should I care??

I'm hoping that the next book picks up. I felt that the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull started out slow in the first book as well, but the next books got out of the slump. I hope this series does, because frankly I'm bored and find myself forcing my eyes to the page so I don't waste my money.

• Book Jacket: A Dredging in Swann
    A Dredging in Swann
    by Tim Garvin
    A Dredging in Swann, set in fictional Swann County, North Carolina, centers around fresh-out-of-the-...
  • Book Jacket: The Black Cathedral
    The Black Cathedral
    by Marcial Gala
    Marcial Gala's The Black Cathedral, translated from the Spanish by Anna Kushner, is narrated through...
  • Book Jacket: When We Were Vikings
    When We Were Vikings
    by Andrew David MacDonald
    In When We Were Vikings by Andrew David MacDonald, readers are first introduced to Zelda on her ...
  • Book Jacket: How to Build a Heart
    How to Build a Heart
    by Maria Padian
    Maria Padian is well-known for her motif of exploring teen reactions to social issues. Her novel ...

Red Letter Days
    by Sarah-Jane Stratford

A striking novel about two daring women who escape McCarthy-era Hollywood for London.

The Girl in White Gloves
    by Kerri Maher

A fascinating and deeply researched novel of the extraordinary Grace Kelly.

American Dirt
by Jeanine Cummins

"American Dirt is a Grapes of Wrath for our times."
—Don Winslow

Win The Lost Family

The Lost Family
by Libby Copeland

A deeply reported look at the rise of home genetic testing and the seismic shock it has had on individual lives.

A F I Need I A F I