What readers think of A Great and Terrible Beauty, plus links to write your own review.

by Libba Bray

A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray X
A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray

Dec 2003, 416 pages
    Mar 2005, 432 pages

There are currently 65 reader reviews for A Great and Terrible Beauty

SIVER

Awesome
I just learned English and this book makes the language sound so much fun.
I feel like I am gemma doyle.
em

Fantastic series
This trilogy is my absolute favourite. I would recommend it for anyone aged 13 and up. These books are well-written, intriguing, captivating and suspenseful. They will leave you wanting more. Bray meticulously describes both setting and character, as well as dark and mysterious events in the plot that will leave you on the edge of your seat. The novels contain mystery, suspense, humour, forbidden romance, and so much more. Overall, a fantastic series and a must-read.
M

Opinion
I think that this book series is wonderful and intriguing. I LOVE it!! Even though I have read the entire trilogy and know how the story ends I can always re-read the books.

All of the characters were so enchanting and leaped off the pages. They felt so real and at times my heart broke for them.

But I do have one last thing to say... Can I have Kartik PLEASE!!!!!!!
stasa

AMAZING!!!!!!
This was was amazing!! I personally am not a big fan of fiction, but I did not want to put this book down. There were many things that I was not expecting! This book is definitely a page turner. And it leaves you wanting more.
Aimee

Best Book Ever (Excluding Twilight)
I've never read a book so compelling - it drags you in! I could barely stop reading until I had finished, I can't wait to read Rebel Angels and have high expectations. This a 11/10 star book!
Helen

A Great and Terrible Beauty
A Great and Terrible Beauty has everything I've looked for in a book: fantasy, a bit of mystery, historical fiction, and true to life characters. The girls were around my age, which made it more interesting. It's extremely well written! It opened my eyes to what a girl's life was like in Victorian times. (I think you have to be at least 12 or 13 to understand some of the more complicated sequences in the book, though). I have never read anything like this before, it's intriguing, compelling, has its moments of passion, and some moments of sheer terror! You don't know what to expect when you turn the page. Overall a fascinating and exciting read! I definitely recommend it, especially for teenage girls. Great job Libba Bray!
geekygirl

Mordern problems in a Victorian time peroid
Although this book might display some older issues it also compels a reader to turn the next page again and again till the very end. It has death, friendship, sacrifice, pain, and dreams. The main character is a hero in her own way . She must choose between her heart and her mind as well as find out the truth about herself. I would suggest this book to both boy's and girls. But I would also say that in order to fully grasp the ideals in this book, You would have to be at least 13.
Ali

A Great and Terrible Beauty
I love this book! It is very interesting. I like it how it has taken place in the victorean ages! I'm only 11 and it's my favorite book ever!

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: How the Word Is Passed
    How the Word Is Passed
    by Clint Smith
    With legislatures around the U.S. rushing to ban the teaching of critical race theory, it's clear ...
  • Book Jacket: Big Vape
    Big Vape
    by Jamie Ducharme
    In Big Vape, TIME reporter Jamie Ducharme studies the short but inflammatory history of Juul. Her ...
  • Book Jacket: Love and Fury
    Love and Fury
    by Samantha Silva
    Mary Wollstonecraft is best known for being an early advocate for women's rights and the mother of ...
  • Book Jacket: Walking on Cowrie Shells
    Walking on Cowrie Shells
    by Nana Nkweti
    The stories in Nana Nkweti's dexterous debut collection examine the raw alienation of being ...

The War Nurse
by Tracey Enerson Wood
A sweeping novel by an international bestselling author based on a true World War I story.

The Forest of Vanishing Stars
    by Kristin Harmel

An evocative coming-of-age World War II story from the author of The Book of Lost Names.

The Temple House Vanishing
    by Rachel Donohue

A modern gothic page-turner set in a Victorian mansion in Ireland.

Win This Book!
Win Gordo

Gordo by Jaime Cortez

"Dark and hilarious ... singular and soaring ... Hands down, top debut of 2021."—Literary Hub

N Say N