What readers think of A Great and Terrible Beauty, plus links to write your own review.

A Great and Terrible Beauty

by Libba Bray

A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray X
A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray

Dec 2003, 416 pages
    Mar 2005, 432 pages

There are currently 65 reader reviews for A Great and Terrible Beauty

Gillian

All I can say is WOW. This is an incredible piece of literature. I was asked by a local bookstore to write a pre-publication review of it and, let me tell you, I had absolutely nothing bad to say about it. The plot is so captivating and the characters are so true. Even the fantasy is real. As a matter of fact, the realness of this "dark power" stuck with me in a frightening (but good) way every time I put the book down.
Nicole

Hey I'am15 and my mommom bought me this book on Friday, by Saturday night i was finished although i wish i would have kept going it was an amazing book and l absolutely loved it!!This is definitely a keeper!!
Lenae

This book was fantastic. The complexities of the characters and the conflicts are amazing. Libba Bray truly understands how to make a character not only believable, but REAL. Gemma's conflicting emotions and trials (no matter how supernatural and unrealistic) demonstrate just how difficult it is to make the transition from childhood, to adulthood. Even if you're not normally into fantasy literature, this novel is still fantastic. A compelling Gothic for young adult readers.
Amie

This book was totally awesome. I first thought that it would be some wierdo book about some girl and her life at a boarding school. Actually it turned out to be totally not like that. I would recomend it to anyone and for those of you not sure, I would definetely give it a chance
Jenna

Hi my name is Jenna and im 13. I loved this book. It has so much detail and descriptive words. I love books set in the Victorian age. I would recommend this book to any teen. Boys may like it too but not as much. Anyone who likes fantasy or romance read this book!!! Try this book you wont be sorry
Gina

I found the book to be very intriguing. Gemma was very mysterious and that led me to want to read more. I cannot wait for the next book to come out so I can have some of my questions answered.
Tanea Choudhury

This book it wonderful! Couldn't put it down till I found out what happened. I recommand this for teens
looking for mystery and romance packed into one book. What made me buy this book was the life Gemma led.
And of course the visions she recieves; who wouldn't want to be special in a mystical way.
Chloe

I was looking for a book to read after I had read the Harry Potter series. I thought that all the other books I had started after reading Harry Potter were boring, but then I read the preview for this book. I bought it, and had it finished in 3 days. It was a great read! I wish Libba Bray had more books out!!

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Seek You
    Seek You
    by Kristen Radtke
    In the first pages of Seek You: A Journey Through American Loneliness, Kristen Radtke's sophomore ...
  • Book Jacket: The Man Who Hated Women
    The Man Who Hated Women
    by Amy Sohn
    If debates over women's reproductive health seem stuck in an earlier era — the fact that birth...
  • Book Jacket: The Love Songs of W.E.B. Du Bois
    The Love Songs of W.E.B. Du Bois
    by Honorée Fannone Jeffers
    Honorée Fannone Jeffers' The Love Songs of W.E.B. Du Bois explores the Black experience in ...
  • Book Jacket: Beautiful World, Where Are You
    Beautiful World, Where Are You
    by Sally Rooney
    Beautiful World, Where Are You centers around four key characters, the most prominent of which are ...

In Every Mirror She's Black
by Lola Akinmade Akerstrom
An arresting debut for anyone looking for insight into what it means to be a Black woman in the world.

Never Saw Me Coming
    by Vera Kurian

"Fun, entertaining and hard to put down."
    The New York Journal of Books

The Last Chance Library
    by Freya Sampson

Fans of libraries and heartfelt, humorous fiction won't want to miss this one!

Win This Book!
Win A Most Clever Girl

A Most Clever Girl by Stephanie Marie Thornton

A thrilling novel of love and espionage, based on the incredible true story of a Cold War double agent.

Run T G